Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
huh … @traysh - obviously the uninstall process does not return system settings onto the default ones... it'd be nice if You could wrap an particular app with a script that would do that... a kind of ReslowN9 ... ?

[tw] @kegnatz

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
after half an hour of testing I can confirm that, on my side, Firewall Plus Pro is working properly after FasterN9 0.9.4 has been uninstalled... messages, calls, in all conditions... You guys, having problems, try to install 0.9.4 again, and then uninstall it again...

[tw] @kegnatz

...sooo...it seems this promising app/mod has stalled?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Mize View Post
...sooo...it seems this promising app/mod has stalled?
nope...http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=355

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I loved the smoothness for some time, unfortunately I had to uninstall due to the to a lot Apps crashing, esp Qneptunia and other, since I took it out they back to normal. Some improvements are required!

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Denmark :D
Updated from 0.9.3 to 0.9.4 and the open time of appd has been longer.. In 0.9.3 the Lock Screen was instant, but now it many times takes a few seconds before reaction :/

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I doubt this has anything to do with FasterN9 (I'm using FasterN9 0.9.3 together with ProfileMatic without problems). Sounds more likely to be either a bug in ProfileMatic, or the rules you've made to ProfileMatic cause bad behaviour.

What condition you had put to ProfileMatic to switch Power saving on/off? If you had used WLAN as condition for changing Power Saving mode, that's asking for trouble (ProfileMatic should warn about that, again a bug if it didn't).
I agree, the smallest things such as having a profilematic setting change at the exact time of another system change could cause a freeze or symtom. Example. Profilematic profile changes at 8.30am. Alarm is set to go off at 8.30am. This could cause a conflict.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by ZiiimZooon View Post
Updated from 0.9.3 to 0.9.4 and the open time of appd has been longer.. In 0.9.3 the Lock Screen was instant, but now it many times takes a few seconds before reaction :/
When did you update to 0.9.4?

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Thank you for testing and reporting problems. Please test the apps witch were not working nicely with earlier versions.

Upgrade instructions:
  • If you have any version up to (including) 0.9.3 installed, just install the new package. It should reboot automatically when the installation finishes. Do not reboot manually.
  • If you have the version 0.9.4 installed, first uninstall FasterN9 and then install the last version. Don't upgrade without uninstalling. Also, don't reboot after uninstalling 0.9.4, the phone should reboot automatically.

Changelog:
fastern9 (0.9.7) unstable; urgency=low
* Unset memory.move_charge_at_immigrate in the "active_ui" group.
* The change above should fix most of the bugs, so trying some optimized settings again below.
* Changed de IO scheduler to deadline again. Should improve (a lot) performance, not sure about stability.
* Changed cpu.shares of the standby group back to 2. Should improve performance, not sure about stability.

-- Danilo Luvizotto <danilo.luvizotto@gmail.com> Mon, 04 Jun 2012 02:09:33 -0300

fastern9 (0.9.6) unstable; urgency=low
* This is almost the same as 0.9.5. Diferences are:
* Changed IO scheduler to noop. Should improve (a lot) performance, not sure about stability.
* Changed swappiness from default to 3. Should improve performance, not sure about stability.

-- Danilo Luvizotto <danilo.luvizotto@gmail.com> Sat, 02 Jun 2012 20:47:12 -0300

fastern9 (0.9.5) unstable; urgency=low
* Increased the priority of the standby group (changed from 2 to 128). Should fix bugs in several apps.
* Fixed Facebook and Twitter related processes priorites. This should fix bugs related to these apps.
* Process relevancedaemon moved to background group.
* Further improved the install and uninstall scripts. Probably no more MALFs. Also fixes upgrading to newer versions, broken in 0.9.4.
* This version focus in stability, so disabled the swappiness and vfs_cache_pressure MODs just in case.
* This version focus in stability, so reverted the IO scheduler to the default (CFQ) just in case.

-- Danilo Luvizotto <danilo.luvizotto@gmail.com> Sat, 26 May 2012 02:16:07 -0300

Last edited by traysh; 2012-09-02 at 18:07. Reason: Removed old attachment

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
In version 0.9.5 the flash icon its back again, can you remove it?