Notices

As written before, the events-option has some problems. Yesterday, not a single event was shown - neither "today" or "future" ones. Surprisingly, this morning my current events are displayed properly.

I will keep an eye on that, and will report on that issue.

Nevertheless - I hope, you can fix this some time soon?!

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by standop View Post
As written before, the events-option has some problems. Yesterday, not a single event was shown - neither "today" or "future" ones. Surprisingly, this morning my current events are displayed properly.
It depends. What kind of events are displayed incorrectly or not at all? Do you have multiple calendars or just one? In what timezone are you? Are the calendars maybe set to a different timezone?

Originally Posted by thp View Post
It depends. What kind of events are displayed incorrectly or not at all? Do you have multiple calendars or just one? In what timezone are you? Are the calendars maybe set to a different timezone?
Hey there,

I use several calendars, all set up and synced to google via caldav.

Few days ago, I did a short test, but all seemed to work - though as before, today events were listed in the general events section.
I will run another test now, including single and recurring events all over the weekend. You'll get my report on monday.
fyi: I'm in germany, GMT+1:00.

btw #1: is there an updating schedule of the events-feed?! Like hourly, or so? Or should it be up-to-date immediately?

btw #2: are there any incompatibilities with other plugins? E.g. I'm using calendar feed on the events screen. Can't imagine how, but maybe that causes my issues.

btw #1: is there an updating schedule of the events-feed?! Like hourly, or so? Or should it be up-to-date immediately?
The update happens "immediately" when Billboard updates (which is once every 30-60 minutes - system-aligned to save battery - or when something else on the screen changes, e.g. the battery charge value).

btw #2: are there any incompatibilities with other plugins? E.g. I'm using calendar feed on the events screen. Can't imagine how, but maybe that causes my issues.
No, that should not be a problem. Billboard uses Qt Mobility's Organizer APIs to read the events directly from the data store.

Originally Posted by PeterSmurffiPan View Post
Plus, every time I choose the text color green yhe billboard text disappears.
I am facing the same issue. Would be great if someone can test and see whether green color works on not. Cheers!

Originally Posted by aiyush View Post
I am facing the same issue. Would be great if someone can test and see whether green color works on not. Cheers!
It works if you go to Settings, Device, Display, Color profile -> Vivid. HTH

is there anyway i can buy this app outside of the store? i've tried to buy it 3 times through the store and it's not working for me at all

Originally Posted by Kein View Post
I hope Thomas can fix the sticky display of video title on the lps. It's still a problem for me having to wipe the title by playing a song momentarily. I think this is a more important point to fix than adding more features. Some video titles are just embarrassing to be displayed as they are nfsw. (not for showing wife).
I agree this should be fixed. Last week I played a video with a raunchy title and forgot to wipe it. Then I went to a shop to buy a data cable for my N9 and the saleslady "auntie" took my phone to test that it works. She saw the title and looked at me like I'm a perv. I was embarrassed and humiliated.

I'm not a programmer but it looks like a minor job to wipe off the title when video is quitted. Please fix it, Thomas.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2012 @ INDIA
the billboard app was working fine till my n9 was on PR 1.2, but after pr1.3 update, its not working properly.
To be precise, the text now seems to be compressed and only half the text (left side) of the full sentence is displayed on the screen, and the rest is hidden. Can this be rectified? any pr 1.3 compatible update to be released? please guide

Originally Posted by ruplee76 View Post
the billboard app was working fine till my n9 was on PR 1.2, but after pr1.3 update, its not working properly.
To be precise, the text now seems to be compressed and only half the text (left side) of the full sentence is displayed on the screen, and the rest is hidden. Can this be rectified? any pr 1.3 compatible update to be released? please guide
Please read the upgrade info in the Store app for information on how to get it working. Re-install Billboard 1.0.3 and it will start working again.