Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

I would recommend anyone that used commhistory-tool to make a factory restore of their OS on their maemo ASAP. In order to figure out what files SMS history was stored in, i ran a strings on the binary and what i found can only be referred to as disturbing:

"user@remotehost
user2@remotehost
test.user@gmail.com
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
It was a dark and stormy night.
Alussa olivat suo, kuokka ja Jussi.
Badger badger mushroom mushroom
OMG LOL
A $pecial offer for you only today
Spam spam lovely spam
Hello
Lorem ipsum dolor
This is a long, really boring message that should span at least a couple of lines and has nothing of value, really nothing, just another typical instant
message. <- added smiley for FUN!
The gnome zaps a wand of death. --More--
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Very important message
Simple subject
READ THIS
Funny stuff
Re: Your previous message"

You will have to wait for a complete reverse engineering of the binary, but for now i think it's safe to say this file should not be used.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Beijing
Originally Posted by h4xx0r View Post
I would recommend anyone that used commhistory-tool to make a factory restore of their OS on their maemo ASAP. In order to figure out what files SMS history was stored in, i ran a strings on the binary and what i found can only be referred to as disturbing:

"user@remotehost
user2@remotehost
test.user@gmail.com
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
It was a dark and stormy night.
Alussa olivat suo, kuokka ja Jussi.
Badger badger mushroom mushroom
OMG LOL
A $pecial offer for you only today
Spam spam lovely spam
Hello
Lorem ipsum dolor
This is a long, really boring message that should span at least a couple of lines and has nothing of value, really nothing, just another typical instant
message. <- added smiley for FUN!
The gnome zaps a wand of death. --More--
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Very important message
Simple subject
READ THIS
Funny stuff
Re: Your previous message"

You will have to wait for a complete reverse engineering of the binary, but for now i think it's safe to say this file should not be used.
I'm not sure what you've done or what the problem is.
But commhistory-tool is open-sourced. here you go: https://gitorious.org/commhistory/li...story-tool.cpp

Originally Posted by wwwjfy View Post
I'm not sure what you've done or what the problem is.
But commhistory-tool is open-sourced. here you go: https://gitorious.org/commhistory/li...story-tool.cpp
My bad, checked the source today and i dont see anything out of the ordernary. I just stringed it yesterday expecting to find what i needed and instead saw the spam-looking strings and email-addresses/

Mea Culpa.

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I get the following error when trying to import a previously exported sms file:

About to commit the changes
CommHistory::UpdatesEmitter::UpdatesEmitter() : error registering object
"Couldn't obtain a direct connection to the Tracker store: Error connecting: Connection refused"
void CommHistory::CommittingTransactionPrivate::finishe d() "Couldn't obtain a direct connection to the Tracker store: Error connecting: Connection refused"
QSparqlConnection: QSparqlError(-1, "Connection not open", 1) ""
"Connection not open"

And also when trying to use callbackuprestore to import previously saved call records:

Handling 1 messages
"Couldn't obtain a direct connection to the Tracker store: Error connecting: Connection refused"
"Connection not open"
void CommHistory::TrackerIOPrivate::runNextTransaction( ) abort transaction 0x44660
Error adding group
"Couldn't obtain a direct connection to the Tracker store: unknown error"

Originally Posted by noetus View Post
I get the following error when trying to import a previously exported sms file:

About to commit the changes
void CommHistory::CommittingTransactionPrivate::finishe d() "Couldn't obtain a direct connection to the Tracker store: Error connecting: Connection refused"
"Connection not open"

And also when trying to use callbackuprestore to import previously saved call records:

Handling 1 messages
"Connection not open"
void CommHistory::TrackerIOPrivate::runNextTransaction( ) abort transaction 0x44660
Error adding group
"Couldn't obtain a direct connection to the Tracker store: unknown error"
I never met that but seems the Tracker is not working properly, which is a system service to manipulate the database.
Try to make sure if you can receive or delete sms/contact, and try to reboot.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
I tried gtalk, which works.
I'll try skype later, and possibly fix that.
For facebook, I'm not sure if I can use vpn/proxy to get over GFW in China, if I can, I'll try ways to make it work.
Bump...

Hi wwwjfy. Just wondering if you have had any success with your program importing Skype and Google chat conversations?

It would be really fantastic if you could.

Thanks

I'm sorry, but letting you down. That I don't use that phone any more, so I cannot try and test.

Really sorry I cannot continue to develop it and hope someone owning a Meego phone can help

I'm sorry, but letting you down. That I don't use that phone any more, so I cannot try and test.

Really sorry I cannot continue to develop it and hope someone owning a Meego phone can help
No problem. Thanks anyway.

Anyone else around that can help with the importation of Skype and Google conversations using this app?