but , what would happen if a new firmware comes out?

Efion, you can use HSS and N9QT, just don't use rotation option from tweak A and B, and don't change background from tweak W.. And you will be fine. I need update wiki and pdf about this
I suggest you to disable these tweaks if hss is installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to RIscRIpt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by santicorcho View Post
but , what would happen if a new firmware comes out?
New firmware update will override all your tweak to default...

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Libmeegotouchcore0 by default does not allow orientation of applications so the modified libmeegotouchcore0 enables orientation in the system.

the patch file changes all the apps' orientation from locked to open. the patch also allows the user to then blacklist apps that should not be rotated.

the landscape .deb file fixes orientation problems by changing the default size of some elements within apps hence displaying properly in landscape mode. For example, calculator, music player have changed to become slightly smaller in landscape so that they fit the screen.

Your installation and uninstallation is correct. To reverse the patch simply do:

Code:
patch -p0 -R < path/file.patch
Isn't the patch the same as the landscape .deb file?
I never applied the .patch file and everything works just fine

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Isn't the patch the same as the landscape .deb file?
I never applied the .patch file and everything works just fine
You may choose not to apply the .patch file but AFAIK the .patch file gives you the option to blacklist whatever you want from rotating...Also the landscape.deb file adds the new sizes for the offending apps to the default theme but the .patch doesn't do that...The patch opens up every single apps rotation even those that are not included in the landscape.deb file...

Ofcourse the above is to my understanding...You can extract the files and view their contents too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
i'm having problems installing unrestricted-ui and toggles from the last version of n9qt. i followed arie's instructions (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=55) to install inception, and i suppose i have it correctly installed.
When i select to install unrestricted-ui and toggles from MAG, it asks for root password, and always says it was incorrect, so installation aborted

Originally Posted by skyleth View Post
i'm having problems installing unrestricted-ui and toggles from the last version of n9qt. i followed arie's instructions (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=55) to install inception, and i suppose i have it correctly installed.
When i select to install unrestricted-ui and toggles from MAG, it asks for root password, and always says it was incorrect, so installation aborted
Try to change your root pass in tweak H and try again.. And remember, before you installing toggles you need to install unrestricted sys-ui and mt-toggles platform (option "0" = zero)

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Try to change your root pass in tweak H and try again.. And remember, before you installing toggles you need to install unrestricted sys-ui and mt-toggles platform (option "0" = zero)
that was the problem, i didn't read the "0" option because I thought it was from the previous option. thanks a lot!

Hey, it is an amazing app but I am having troubles with F-7. (Full screen wallpaper for lockscreen)

I made my wallpaper to the correct dimensions. Copied it to '.wallpaper' and named it "mywall1" Then I set it onto my phone through

Settings->Wallpaper

I opened the QT app, pressed F, pressed 7, and then pressed 1 and it said that it was successful. I didn't reboot my phone (like it says) and locked my phone.

In conclusion, it didnt work. Any help please?

Do you created image in.png format (mywall1.png) ? not renamed from.jpg... You need to put this to:
/home/user/MyDocs/.wallpapers

NOT in to:
/home/user/.wallpapers

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh