Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I have just readed TODO and I have seen that groups creation have more priority than notifications customization. IMHO notifications customizations would have higher priority. Being added to a group with lot of messages a day could be painful , and now you can't do nothing except ask for being removed from it (and not receive anything from that group) or close Yappari. But if you can't create a group, one of your contacts could do it and add the needed participants too. The hassle is quite less.

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Hamburg/Germany
btw. Whatsapp has new smilieys/Icons for Chat...

The Following User Says Thank You to ThreeM For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
I have just readed TODO and I have seen that groups creation have more priority than notifications customization. IMHO notifications customizations would have higher priority. Being added to a group with lot of messages a day could be painful , and now you can't do nothing except ask for being removed from it (and not receive anything from that group) or close Yappari. But if you can't create a group, one of your contacts could do it and add the needed participants too. The hassle is quite less.
What I've done is setting my vibration time to 15 msec or something with this post
It holds also for email, but ok....
Code:
sudo vim /etc/mce/mce/ini
At the bottom:
Code:
PatternChatAndEmail=4;0;1;1;30;50;0;100;154

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zwevert For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
maybe found a small issue: i sent a youtube link in a group, i added a smile at the end of the link (without space) and was sent "youtube_link"+13.png"> instead of the icon

the most complex solution would be to add a space between both parts

btw: write an sms, include a smiley without a blank and find out what will happen...

Originally Posted by 814d3 View Post
btw: write an sms, include a smiley without a blank and find out what will happen...
That won't work. According to gianko's message, Yappari/WhatsApp sends smileys as embedded pictures while in an SMS, the smiley will be sent as an actual smiley, like ":-)". The message would be "<link>:-)" or something similar.

Well, you are right. But I refered to to the required blank between text and smiley. Or did I missunderstood gianko: Does Yappari remove blanks between links and smileys? If not, then just add a blank and all is fine.

Originally Posted by 814d3 View Post
Well, you are right. But I refered to to the required blank between text and smiley. Or did I missunderstood gianko: Does Yappari remove blanks between links and smileys? If not, then just add a blank and all is fine.
I see. Well, some phones put blanks before smileys, some don't. Not sure how the N900 handles this, but that doesn't really matter for Yappari. Yappari needs to adhere to whatever WhatsApp does, and that, apparently, requires a blank there...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Dear Scorpius,

Please I need to know the exact path where Yappari is installed. Because I am trying to code a small script for autostartup when N900 reboot.

Thanks

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by mariosalhab View Post
Please I need to know the exact path where Yappari is installed. Because I am trying to code a small script for autostartup when N900 reboot.
You can see all the files an installed package have with:

dpkg -L <package>

To see only the files in bin directories you then can do:

dpkg -L yappari | grep bin

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp