Originally Posted by guillermorojaz View Post
Hi. know where you can download?
http://keepvid.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2...yDQ%26sns%3Dem

Use keepvid.com in the future to get youtube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by guillermorojaz View Post
Hi. know where you can download?
The original file you can download from YouTube, it have link to dropbox In description

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ VENEZUELA
Edited to portrait mode, lost a bit of quality and nitides.

http://db.tt/hiGCsHcc

Last edited by guillermorojaz; 2012-10-06 at 05:14.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by The Best Isaac View Post
Hey guys, sorry for being a bit negative ...

<snip>

@topet2k12001's boot video: Again, annoying music. The background is WHITE. This is so wrong for a boot video, especially for the N9 with it's AMOLED display where the black is just great so you most often can't see where the screen begins or ends. This is something a boot video has to utilize. Plus: These MeeGo mascots are just childish. The N9 is a cool and serious (business) device. And let's not forget that the N9 actually is running Harmattan with MeeGo API compatibilty. So these mascots don't fit all the more.

<snip>

Again, sorry for the critique. But I don't think one has to do all sort of fancy things just because it's technically possible. The Nokia designers did a great job both in terms of hardware as well as software design. One doesn't have to disimprove this.
Hi Isaac,

Thanks for the critique. Like danested, it was my first as well (in fact as mentioned in my initial post I was not intending to come up with a boot video, I was initially playing with GIMP). I would agree on some of your points i.e. AMOLED screen, business device, Harmattan-and-not-MeeGo, etc., if I were to approach designing from a technical perspective, but that was not my intention with it. It was made for my 3-year old kid hence the "cuteness" and the "child-like" music (just to share: the music was a cropped portion of a Nokia N900 original ringtone).

In any case, I believe in the community's overall thrust for openness and hence paving way for freedom of choice (I remember reading a conversation somewhere here where one asked why there are a lot of individual renditions of the same app that does the same purpose, where one answered: the reason is choice). What may be beautiful for one, aesthetically or technically, may not be the case for another...but having that ability to choose is what makes it great. Besides, not all programmers are artists and not all artists are programmers. Just nice to see them complement each other's skills.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post: