Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
I had the same complaint with the n900 keyboard. It's even worse, since there the top row is actually letters, not numbers like that case. Can't count the times when my finger was caught up in the bottom hinge of the phone
Have you really touched and used the cited keyboard for iPhone to say that the N900's keyboard is worse ???
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Have you really touched and used the cited keyboard for iPhone to say that the N900's keyboard is worse ???
I never said that. I just said I had this problem with the n900, which would have been better if there's a 4th row of keys for numbers, at least I wouldn't have to touch the top row so often while typing.

The Following User Says Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
I never said that. I just said I had this problem with the n900, which would have been better if there's a 4th row of keys for numbers, at least I wouldn't have to touch the top row so often while typing.
Sorry, I've misunderstood your "even worse" as N900's keyboard is worse than the cited keyboard (which I've experienced with a turned-off iPhone and seemed not good at all).
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
See your comment below. You've said "For those who cannot code, cannot root, cannot change a Launcher... I tell them to get an iPhone". IMHO, this recommendation is very superficial because depending on users needs and preferences, a Nokia Asha Series 40, Nokia Symbian, iPhone, etc, could

Because of those facts :
1) iPhone doesn't have a physical keyboard. Neither N9, Galaxy S3, etc;
2) iPhone doesn't come with a off-line maps software;
3) iPhone doesn't have the best camera, it is worse than Nokia 808, Nokia N8 and some other smartphones.
If you disagree, ask Apple to change the "http://www.apple.com/iphone/" site to include what you say, maybe Apple is wrong advertizing its beloved iPhone. And you can ask all Internet reviews to correct them because that they are wrong : iPhone camera is the best one.
Check the reviews for iPhone 5 it has one of the best quality cameras in the industry. As good as the N9 and better than the Android flagships. Not a good as the 808 because that had a much wider lense. Its good enough to displace your point and shoot if you don't require optical zoom.

You do have a valid point about the physical qwerty, but that seems to be necessary for the niche (like me).

iPhone does have offline maps. It requires purchase. But Google Maps and Apple Maps are actually not bad alternatives.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Got iphone 4 yesterday from At&T. Used it for couple of hours yesterday and I'm done. I knew I will get disappointed from iphone but didn't know I would get disappointed so much that I will go for HTC One X or Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket in few days. I don't even feel like using iphone at all! Its seriously crap for me!

Last edited by Joseph9560; 2012-10-27 at 02:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:

http://twitpic.com/awzcoo
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ed00 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Got iphone 4 yesterday from At&T. Used it for couple of hours yesterday and I'm done. I knew I will get disappointed from iphone but didn't know I would get disappointed so much that I will go for HTC One X or Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket in few days. I don't even feel like using iphone at all! Its seriously crap for me!
Going from an N900 to an iPhone 4 - you're going to be disappointed (keep in mind the N900 beat the pants off the 3GS and almost equaled the iPhone 4). Should have went with the 4S - that's where you really notice a difference.

Last edited by xxxxts; 2012-10-27 at 05:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by ed00 View Post

http://twitpic.com/awzcoo
Hahaha great humor

Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
Should have went with the 4S - that's where you really notice a difference.
Why? Because of the increased memory? Or ... ?

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Check the reviews for iPhone 5 it has one of the best quality cameras in the industry. As good as the N9 and better than the Android flagships. Not a good as the 808 because that had a much wider lense. Its good enough to displace your point and shoot if you don't require optical zoom.
Yeah, I am also in this case. N9's and N900's camera (or problably iPhone 5's camera) are good enough for me. I don't need Nokia 808 for its incredible camera. But someone can need the best camera.

You do have a valid point about the physical qwerty, but that seems to be necessary for the niche (like me).
I know many people (from kids using SMS to adults using corporate email) who use qwerty smartphones (Android, Symbian) every hour to type a lot, they dislike very much any touch-only smartphone, including iPhone. They are not so "niche".

iPhone does have offline maps. It requires purchase. But Google Maps and Apple Maps are actually not bad alternatives.
iOS and Android have good and complete off-line maps solution if you pay for them. Google Maps is not off-line in many countries/regions, has area size limitations to save, erases the saved areas after some time, etc, i.e., it isn't comparable at all with professional maps solutions and Nokia Maps. Online maps are impossible to use in long roads where there is no celular (2G/3G) signal, situation very common in large countries.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-10-27 at 16:53.

Tags
bateman v nerds, clueless ii, iphone doucher, neckbeards pwnd