Notices

Originally Posted by Eem View Post
Hey friends,

You also can create your account via Bluestacks, I just have done it.

...now I need to understand how to upload a photo, I think that my idea of the application was wrong...
totally forgot this. thanks. Instago wiki should be created

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Thanks. @knobtviker. Maybe I'll rename the app "Instaview"

Caching is not implemented yet. I've added the caching code, then removed it again when it wasn't stable enough for the weekly release. It's just a stub since then. Plan is to cache images, users, comments and likes (since Instagram is pretty verbose with it's data and makes caching easy).

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Nah... Instago is a cool name. People are misinformed and not interested to learn but they want everything served on a sliver platter.
Anyways, I have only 1 wish if possible once cache is operational.
Please, pretty please, make smart SQL queries. Multi row inserts, nested queries and such. Do not sacrifice speed just because it's easier to run a for loop and 100 SELECTs inside...

The Following User Says Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
Please, pretty please, make smart SQL queries. Multi row inserts, nested queries and such. Do not sacrifice speed just because it's easier to run a for loop and 100 SELECTs inside...
Sounds easy enough. The thing is: the first version of the cache used the app SQL db. But as most of the data is actually pretty dynamic (likes, comments, even users) the second version used only memory (with a given limit). I somewhat question that it's necessary to permanently store images and users when they're outdated a couple of hours later anyway.

Well, I found the reason for the "@suzypanpan-problem". This is what Instagram gives me:

Code:
comments: {
count: 2,
data: [ ]
}
Now, I don't know about you, Instagram, but when I count the children inside the data node I don't come up with two

So it seems like you can't rely on the "count" node to tell you how many comments they actually are. Solution: read them all out and count the items in your array. *shrug*

The Following User Says Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Maybe the missing comments relative to the count value are from private/non-visible users?

Hi all,

you can find the weekly developer release (v0.4.2, developer build) here: http://n9-development-sources.google....4.2_armel.deb (direct link)

Here is the changelog:

instago (0.4.2) unstable; urgency=low

* Added user search
* Added hashtag search
* Added list of users likes
* Fixed showing wrong number of comments for some users

Note that (as usual) this is an unstable developer build. It may be a bit more unstable than ususal as I was traveling this week and didn't have much time to test. Please report anything here if you encounter it.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
Hi all,
* Added user search
Works quite well, except I was confused at first how to start the search - I wrote a search term and then tapped on the "user search" button and nothing happened, only later did I figure out one has to hit the "enter" button on the virtual keyboard. Two suggestions:

1. Rename the "enter" button to "search", I think some apps can do that (like the Nokia store app).

2. Possibly add a dedicated "search" button.

Or just ignore my dumb first try

I found a possible issue with commenting: when I comment on a photo on my feed, the view returns to my feed, but the photo I commented on still has the old number of comments (if I view the comments, my comment will show up).

Might be a caching issue, but for consistency either the feed should be reloaded (slow), or that photo's comment count should be temporarily increased by one to make it correct (which should still be there if I comment on yet another photo before reloading my feed).

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
One of the best developments around, lovinh it

Tags
development, instago, instagram