Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Is there any way reduce the image size?
I prefer to transfer the image to a desktop Linux and run :
$ resize2fs name.img <size-in-MB>M
e.g. :
$ resize2fs debian.img 2000M
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pinochio View Post
Does anyone here know how to install huawei modem e173u-2 with Aero2 card in the N900?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89096
Can only installation Easy Debian to help solve this problem?
Everything driver-related is a kernel thing and since Easy Debian runs on top of the Maemo kernel it can't make devices work that don't run in Maemo.
Your best bet would be to ask the kernel power team for support. But first try to find out if it's already supported. Try to find a how-to that describes how to make this modem/card combination run in regular x86 Linux systems without the use of GUI tools!
If you don't know how to do that please connect the modem with the card to an x86 Linux system and provide the relevant part of the output of:
Code:
lsusb -v
btw: Have you tried to run the Aero 2 card in the N900's internal slot?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
btw: Have you tried to run the Aero 2 card in the N900's internal slot?
I personally do not, but I know that it works. How to check if my N900 supports dualsim?

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Estonia
I tested rzr-rootfs and I edited some lines in qchroot script:
Code:
# if the user supplies "none" for the image file,
# skip the qmount step. Thanks for reporting, Fabry!

if [ "$IMGFILE" != "none" ] ; then
  qmount $IMGFILE $CHROOT
  MOUNTSUCCESS=$?
else
  if [ -f "$CHROOT/var/lock/qmount-complete" ] ; then
    MOUNTSUCCESS=1
  else
    echo "$IMGFILE" > $CHROOT/var/lock/qmount-complete
    MOUNTSUCCESS=0
  fi
fi
It prevents multible mounting for /var/run/pulse , /var/run/dbus etc.
And it fixes closechroot issue. ( Nothing to do; chroot not mounted!)

Last edited by valdur55; 2013-02-17 at 18:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to valdur55 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Viterbo (Italy)
hi guys, what is the last debian image? is a wheezy image? and is there a sid image?
is there a guide step-by-step to create a new clean image, starting to an .iso cd image? thanks for the future reply and sorry for english

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
You can use any of the following images (I suggest either sulu's or Estel's Wheezy armel upgrades):
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=137http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=137

I'm working on a brand new image myself (Debian Wheezy armhf), but I'm running into some Xephyr keyboard focus issues (among things, but this is the single most important issue).
If there's anyone around who can give me some tips to fix it, please pm me.

Edit:
armhf versus armel (every other Easy Debian image):
http://www.memetic.org/raspbian-benc...rmel-vs-armhf/
Hey, even the slightest of a performance bump should help, right?

Last edited by ffha; 2013-03-01 at 18:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to ffha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ffha View Post
I'm working on a brand new image myself (Debian Wheezy armhf), but I'm running into some Xephyr keyboard focus issues (among things, but this is the single most important issue).
I prepared this for bodhi armhf but it should works on wheezy armhf.
Attached Files
File Type: deb ed-chroot_armhf.deb (5.8 KB, 69 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
I've run into several problems with wheezy - namely, gparted (*any* version, even old ones from squeeze or ancient from lenny) doesn't work, due to something being broken in new glibc.

Also, GIMP crashes, when option to put text is used (precisely, when you try to change font size or type). Haven't had time to trace it more

Things like that are keeping me from releasing polished wheezy image - I've managed to get rid of other problems from rcoliste's early version (being my squeeze version, dist-upgraded to wheezy). I've also did some user interface improvements, too. (more finger-friendly buttons and sizes, virtual keyboard on portrait mode occupying lower part of screen and integrating nicely with open programs, etc).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-03-02 at 11:12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gm90_blackmamba View Post
and is there a sid image?
When testing is in freeze there isn't much going on in unstable either, so a Sid image doesn't make much sense (at least now). But you can dist-upgrade your Wheezy image to Sid at any time as long as you take the precautions that always come with a dist-upgrade.

Can we discuss this in public please - either in this or a new thread?
Solutions in enclosed environments tend to get lost (if they are found there at all).

armhf versus armel (every other Easy Debian image):
http://www.memetic.org/raspbian-benc...rmel-vs-armhf/
Hey, even the slightest of a performance bump should help, right?
Agreed! I did an armhf test my self some time ago (roughly at the time of the Wheezy freeze) but the result wasn't stable at all. In most (but not all) cases it resulted in a reboot right when an executable from the chroot was loaded.
On the other hand someone else (I think it was vi) did his own test at about the same time or slightly later and was sucessful. A discussion about that should be burried somewhere in this thread.
I also have to admit that some things concerning ED that differ from a vanilla Debian still are mysteries to me. So I may not be qualified to create an image from scratch.

Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
I prepared this for bodhi armhf but it should works on wheezy armhf.
Does this mean you recompiled /usr/bin/setfocus and /sbin/qobi-wmhint-fix on armhf?
If so, can you please post or link the source code in this thread?

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I've run into several problems with wheezy - namely, gparted (*any* version, even old ones from squeeze or ancient from lenny) doesn't work, due to something being broken in new glibc.

Also, GIMP crashes, when option to put text is used (precisely, when you try to change font size or type). Haven't had time to trace it more
Can you provide precise error messages please?
The Wheezy image I uploaded (plus some simple additional programs like abiword, geeqie, iceweasel) ran absolutely stable during my tests.
But I never tested heavier applications like gimp or GUI system tools like gparted.
(Having no need for that kind off programs myself is part of the reason why I don't want to release images for end-users.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
gParted and glibc error:

Code:
[root@EasyDebian: /]gparted
======================
libparted : 2.3
======================
*** glibc detected *** /usr/sbin/gpartedbin: free(): invalid pointer: 0x40c67514 ***
It actually starts the UI, then closes a second after. As said, I've tried older incarnations of gParted, and it doesn't help in Wheezy - but, in Sid, everything is OK (thus I blame glibc). No idea, if it's same for desktop too, or effect of some miss-communication with Maemo's glibc ancient version? If the later, I'm afraid, that other, unknown things, may be affected too.

GIMP error:
Code:
(gimp:14480): Gdk-WARNING **: /build/buildd-gtk+2.0_2.24.10-2-armel-Vet_Aw/gtk+2.0-2.24.10/gdk/x11/gdkdrawable-x11.c:874 drawable is not a pixmap or window

(script-fu:14484): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: script-fu: gimp_wire_read(): error
Memory protection violation
What is interesting it happen only (AFAICT) when one use text tool (tool used to input text), *and" click on font's settings pop-up tool panel. Maybe it's related to it being made semi-transparent in latest version of GIMP? Just a wild guess. As long as you don't touch it, gimp works - you may even input text via text tool (but it's quite useless, as you can't change size, color or font, due to crash).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-03-04 at 01:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze