Notices

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Very informative, indeed. So now, you only need to do a lot of stuff, and your backupmenu will work again

/Estel
Estel lol u want the complete list of the software?
I was thinking is not so important beacuse the menu anche the cackup and restore worked well before installing CSSU thumb...

Originally Posted by alexporta View Post
in these days I've bought a second N900... reflashed... installed a lot of stuff... backed up... restored... now I have installed the thumb cssu anche when I try to start backup menu the screen goes red and there is only write chrooting...
Same here! Anything I did, was updating and upgrading. I did not install any software in the last weeks. Yesterday, I tried to make my weekly backup with backupmenu. On the picture you see, what I get: A red screen and backupmenu do not work. Did the last thumb-update change anything?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I have the same problem here. At first I thought I'd caused it myself, but having seen it elsewhere, I think something's broken in either a CSSU(-Thumb), kernel or backupmenu update. As hinted here, I rolled back bootmenu to 1.11 (current version 1.12), but no difference.

BTW, Acurus_, I assume you mean "currently" in your signature, not "actually". The latter is usually taken to mean "really" where I live (even though it means "currently" whwre I come from ).

I tried to reinstall backupmenu. With no success. I hope, somebody can fix it. Backupmenu is very important for me and others, as well. Possibly the reason is not the thumb-update, but rather the last power kernel-update. Surely one of this both updates is the reason for the problem.

Last edited by Acurus_; 2013-04-23 at 15:41.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Acurus_ View Post
Possibly the reason is not the thumb-update, but rather the last power kernel-update. Surely one of this both updates is the reason for the problem.
Nothing wrong with my KP52 CSSU-Stable device or my KP52 CSSU-Thumb device here, I think this needs further diagnoses.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Nothing wrong with my KP52 CSSU-Stable device or my KP52 CSSU-Thumb device here, I think this needs further diagnoses.

my experience is... 3 N900
flashed
installed all my software and CSSU test and KP52
used backup menu and restored
all as gone ok

installed CSSU thumb and... backupmenu and bootmenu changed...
bootmenu has the selected menu gone in a strange light blue color and then backupmenu goes in that red screen and "chrooting..."
the only way to exit is to press the q key

The Following User Says Thank You to alexporta For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by alexporta View Post
my experience is... 3 N900
flashed
installed all my software and CSSU test and KP52
used backup menu and restored
all as gone ok

installed CSSU thumb and... backupmenu and bootmenu changed...
bootmenu has the selected menu gone in a strange light blue color and then backupmenu goes in that red screen and "chrooting..."
the only way to exit is to press the q key
Same here. And we are not alone. In this case, the thumb-update is the reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acurus_ For This Useful Post:
Is it possible, to reinstall the precursor version of cssu-thumb?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Meran, Italy
Originally Posted by Acurus_ View Post
Same here. And we are not alone. In this case, the thumb-update is the reason.
I have the same issue too: with CSSU thumb, and after installing the last kernel power, I am not able to restore a backup anymore.

The only way to manage the situation is a complete reflash (both FIASCO and VANILLA images)... but I have not tried yet, because I want to save MyDocs partition...

Reflashing only the FIASCO image makes the system very unstable (the system hangs simply by opening or closing the hardware keyboard) and sometime unbootable...

pkz

Last edited by pkz; 2013-04-23 at 16:27.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
I also have the red backupmenu problem, but the fault probably isn't the latest CSSU-thumb or kernel-power, because I used backupmenu after installing those. Or at least thought I did!

I'll try to uninstall-reinstall things until I come up with what works on my n900.

Looks like backupmenu works normally but doesn't update the screen at all. The commands work and things happen, but you don't see the results.

[Edit: Well, rolling kp52 back didn't help.]
[Edit2: Looking at logs, I did also pull in a "initrd-progs 1.0.1" from cssu-devel 'round the same time. I wonder if that caused this? The update altered programs cal-tool, key_pressed and text2screen.]

Last edited by Raimu; 2013-04-24 at 01:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system