Active Topics

Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Excellent release. I have been using it for some days and the phone is just snappy. In fact I was just a minute ago surprised that I had so many applications open. With the previous versions (and of course stock configuration) I could feel it using the phone when there was too many applications open.

I think it's time for another donation.
That happened to me too, I was using the "open apps" home screen in 3x3 mode and had to scroll a lot when I realized there were so many runninng apps

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Strange, another user with killed device from Russian forum.. He also installed 1.1.5
Any more details?

Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
my N9 died completely
Upgraded to latest release over 1.1.4 but had also dropcache installed together with a rule in profilematic that it should clear my cache in the morning before waking up...

A clean format was already long time ago but now I can't even boot the device anymore (also tried the RD flag but even that is not working (flagging works but not booting))...

So time to let the N9 go, well this one Will have to change motherboard in order to get it working again but that means completely tweaking it again (all my backups are still on main memory so can't access them...)

Now i booted my Lumia 820 but that's not a joy Have also some highend Android devices but none of them have the UI I need for daily use (swipe that is - combined with rss feed panel etc...)

Anyway, think it was the combination of fastern9 / dropcache that killed my device...

@traysh just to tell you, you're delivering a good job in making our devices faster, keep on further developing.

Hope to be MeeGo online again during the day
Did you tryed to reflash? Are you sure it is a hardware problem? Have you ever overclocked?

There's no way FasterN9 combined to dropcache could cause this. If something caused this, it would be FasterN9 alone, but probably only a software problem.

Please provide more details, we need to know if the new version is dangeours.

Originally Posted by tonyhuynh View Post
Dear
Can you estimate the time to release version for normal mode?
I have no phone right now, and no money to buy another one or a mainboard. I'll try to fix mine when the parts I bought arrive (microusb connector, ear speaker), but I don't think I'll suceed. So sorry, no way to estimate right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MK99 View Post
My phone went really slow when i installed 1.1.5.
Time, setting, calendar .... those open much more slowly.
(incepted)
Please, confirm your installation was successful

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Any more details?
He say, that he installed it like new app, not a update from previous version.
And he not have drop cache installed...

Last edited by Schturman; 2013-05-02 at 15:21.

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
He say, that he installed it like new app, not a update from previous version.
Looks like malf or hardware?

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Looks like malf, he say that he got message "device not work properly, update firmware or go to Nokia care".

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Did you tryed to reflash? Are you sure it is a hardware problem? Have you ever overclocked?

There's no way FasterN9 combined to dropcache could cause this. If something caused this, it would be FasterN9 alone, but probably only a software problem.

Please provide more details, we need to know if the new version is dangeours.
Yes OC'ed my device, had it around 1.2ghz but also used it at 1.3ghz some time ago.
Installed different versions of fastern9 without removing so overwrite. from old to new and other way around.

So like I said, don't think it was due to fastern9 alone but a combination of different factors.

Traysh, send me your address in DM, will provide you with a N9 (used one but should work just fine ;-)) so that you can further develop fastern9.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wout.martens For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Eminem View Post
That solved it for me.
Scratch that. 1.1.5 blacks out the lockscreen. LPS works fine but when i unlock it it´s just black, nothing happens. Hard reset and it works until it locks again. Downgraded to 1.1.4 and the same thing happens. Now im FasterN9 free and it´s really annoying how "slow" it is without it. Any thoughts?