Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Please be quite the presentation is about the begin!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Hariainm: Are there any other options? At least it's dual core. Better than N9.
Sure, but i need more than this to put the N9 in my desk drawer. I am saying if I have right now both devices, Jolla phone & N9, i'll still use the Harmattan device as main phone. I don't miss any functionality in it. Have Spotify, WhatsApp, Tweetian, CuteTube, a few games & emulators to waste my time, a very nice Maps application (that's a thing we can not say right now for the other half at least not yet). To be honest i have pretty much all what I need (despite missing the Steam chat app android has, this is the only thing i miss).

Ask yourselves that question: Do you really thing the Jolla phone is a step forward or backward for you, N9 users? Will you carry it and thing "Yeah, this is it, that's what i wanted, this is way better than my previous N9 days".

So nothing will really improve if i switch to Jolla to only get a dual core phone. Heck, even S40 dumbphones have +1Ghz processors nowadays. I want to be amused, want to be astonished, want the desire the new phone, like on the N900 days, like with the N9, and the pictures, the hands on videos we are start seeing only put a MEH face on me.

Last edited by Hariainm; 2013-05-20 at 16:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Indonesia/Singapore
live stream started already

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by mahead View Post
Yeah, I have read that. But what's the "100 voucher"? I pay now 100 e and get it later deducted? Or I purchase when the phone comes out and get 100 e deducted then (so I pay only 299 e for promising to buy the phone for sure)? Or do I get some kind of gift card to Jolla shop?

Maybe it's just me, but for me "100 e voucher" among with other stuff sounds like I get something worth of 100 e, not for paying now 100 e. As I said, I'm confused.
It's simple.

You pay €100 now, you get a t-shirt and a limited edition Other Half. Instead of paying €399 for the device, you will pay €299.

In essence, if you pre-order now, you get a free t-shirt, you will get the device first before others and you will get a limited edition back shell.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
On the engadget video they just did Marc clearly says the screen resolution (and hence size) is not finalized but will be HD.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/20/j...hardware-tour/

Yes I don't like the huge bezels either but it is likely to shrink if they just get enough of us complaining about the huge bezel.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
You wouldn't see people drinking beer at a Google or Microsfot launch

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Offtopic: knobtviker twitter on Jolla livestream xD

The Following User Says Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
A new video posted on iltasanomat http://www.iltasanomat.fi/digi/art-1288566945106.html (in finnish)
At around 1min10s we see a 3D software animation which is updated even in the miniature of multi-tasking screen. Like Maemo 5 and MeeGo Harmattan.

Android, iOS, WP : go to the hell, dumbed down mobile OS !
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Curitiba-PR . Brasil
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Absolutely ugly, it's like a brick from the past..... no!, it's like two attached bricks!!

Can't be compared at all with the N9's beautiful design. Unfortunately, I guess that the OS won't ever be fully functional in the N9 (as it always happens when porting OSes across mobile devices).
I think the functionality embedded makes the desing valid.

Imagine the possibilities the wireless connection of the second half.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rogatti For This Useful Post:
I am totally disappointed by Jolla, I’m waiting for months for this device, and then I have to learn that you do not deliver to Austria. Am I a second class customer because I live in Austria? Are my Euros worth less? I would have gegreut forward to the possibility of pre-and then the disillusionment no delivery to Austria, the country that lies in the middle of Europe. Ciao Ciao Jolla Sailfish I’m not a device I beg of you will continue to use my N9.

My dream would be an HTC one with sailfish. Jolla hardware device is very weak and in 6-7 months when it comes on the market it is totally outdated

The Following User Says Thank You to marcaurell For This Useful Post:

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red