Active Topics

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Its a known issue that ui sounds are not working in current sdk release. Will be hopefully fixed on next release.
Ah, right.

You could always try build it yourself, for fun:
https://github.com/nemomobile/ngfd/c...a980a1f007aba5

should be the fix for this...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
And just noticed that they've added a proper os-release too:
Code:
[nemo@SailfishEmul ~]$ cat /etc/os-release
NAME=SailfishOS
ID=sailfishos
VERSION=0.98.0.67
VERSION_ID=0.98.0.67
PRETTY_NAME="SailfishOS 0.98.0.67 (i486,testing)"
SAILFISH_BUILD=67
SAILFISH_FLAVOUR=testing
HOME_URL="https://sailfishos.org/"
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
SailfishOS SDK December update available today.

Hello again,

Today at 14:00 UTC we will publish new installers, package repositories and updated website documentation for our SailfishOS SDK version Alpha-1312-Qt5.

If you already have an existing Alpha-Qt5 SDK installed you should see updates available icon in Qt Creator. If you don't have it installed, you can get the latest installer from www.sailfishos.org<http://www.sailfishos.org>. It is recommended to uninstall the old SDK and download a new installer.

This update brings the long-awaited Mer ARM device support to Qt Creator and fixes issues with the application template regarding requirements for Harbour submissions. Qt Creator Sailfish kits now also support shadow building, which separates the different architecture builds from each other negating the need to always clean the build directory when switching between ARM and i486 kits.

A couple of things you should be aware of:
- Like before, in this update the build engine, emulator and targets are re-installed so you will lose all changes you may have made in those - however, if your application packaging is done correctly, rebuilding your projects should reinstall the packages you have been using.
- All customization done to SDK (adding new package repositories, adding custom targets, additional source paths) will be removed during the installation process so make your own backup of those before starting the update.
- If you import existing projects made with a previous version of the Sailfish OS SDK, make sure you select the correct kit in the project configuration step. Both ARM and i486 kits are available.
- Windows users need to install VC10 runtime from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...n.aspx?id=8328 or Installer will ask for admin rights during installation.
- Package repository structure on SailfishOS.org has changed to be closer to the released Jolla phone repositories, so previous SDK installations will not work.
- For more information, please see SDK Alpha-Qt5 known issues list at: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/SDK_Alpha_Qt5_Known_Issues.

Here are the release notes of this update.

Installer:
* Setting the additional application source folder now actually works. This setting can be used to specify a project location that is outside of your home directory.

SailfishOS SDK IDE:
* Qt Creator updated to version 2.8.1-3
* Qt Creator uses new wizard to create Mer ARM device, device creation is described on https://sailfishos.org/develop-firstapp-article.html in section 'Create a connection to Mer ARM device'
* Shadow building is supported, you can now safely build applications for both architectures without them clashing.
* Shadow building is on by default for each new project, but can be turned off in project's settings.
* Latest SDK Application template is integrated so Harbour application requirements can be more easily fulfilled.
* User settings are now stored in a new directory (Linux/OSX: $HOME/.config/SailfishAlpha3, Windows:C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\Sailfish Alpha3) so deleting old settings directory is not mandatory.

Templates/examples/tutorials
* Templates are updated with the latest SDK Application template.
* Quite a few Qt5 tutorial applications were ported to Sailfish OS, they can be found from ~/SailfishOS/tutorials and they can be used to study Sailfish OS application behaviour. Each tutorial's project directory has a README.md file which contains notes from a developer when porting the application from Desktop QML to Sailfish OS. Some of the notes might be outdated.

SDK Maintenance Tool:
* Installer version updated to 1.4.0-2.

Documentation:
* Documentation is updated with latest available versions. Documentation may contain references to Qt 5.0 - please see known issues list at: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/SDK_Alpha_Qt5_Known_Issues.

Build Engine:
* Shadow building creates separate build directories outside your project directory named build-PROJECTNAME-KITNAME-[Debug|Release]
* The RPM packages for your project are also created under the shadow build directory
* Build Engine will not treat missing qtc_ macros in spec file as fatal.

SailfishOS Emulator:
* Emulator software is updated to match Jolla Phone release 1.0.1-10 "Laadunjärvi".
* SSH login password for nemo user can be set with Developer settings in Settings application.
* Package repositories can be refreshed with Developer settings in Settings application.
* Icon sizes are matched to Harbour requirements.

SailfishOS Targets:
* Both i486 and ARM target builds based on updated Jolla baseline.

If you encounter any issues, please report them to Sailfish developers mailing list at devel at lists.sailfishos.org

Happy hacking,
The Jolla SDK Team
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Downloading Sailfish SDK Alpha-1312-Qt5 ... done.

Read the SDK Alpha Qt5 Known Issues about some changes.

I've updated the 1st post with new features of Sailfish SDK Alpha-1312-Qt5 : need to set the password in Settings, no pre-installed gcc and zypper, use of pkcon, etc.
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2013-12-13 at 21:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Backup of 1st post from 2013-08-26, useful to compare the differences between the Sailfish SDK versions.

Sailfish SDK releases :
- Alpha (Qt4 & X11) in February 25th 2013 (for Linux), then updated in April 5th 2013 with Windows and Mac OS, see the release notes;
- Alpha (Qt5 & Wayland) August 1st 2013, see Develop section of the Sailfish.org site to download, how to install, etc.

This topic is intended to discuss Sailfish SDK installation and use.

Sailfish SDK Alpha Qt5 release notes :
"SailfishOS SDK is a collection of tools for developing SailfishOS applications. It includes:
- QtCreator integrated development environment (IDE)
- Mer build engine for cross compilation
- The SailfishOS Emulator
- Tutorial, Design and API Documentation
- Repositories for additional libraries and open source code

This release provides the following programming interfaces :
- Sailfish Silica Qt Quick components 1.0
- Standard Qt Quick2 components"

Tips & Hints & Info :
================

1) "Why is the emulator showing a black screen?"
Type "<host-key> + H" (host key is "Right Ctrl" by default) in Sailfish Emulator.

2) How do I login into the Sailfish Emulator or Mer SDK ?
Start the Emulator and/or Mer-SDK from the SailfishOS IDE, i.e., select a project, then click in "Start SDK" and/or "Start Emulator".
Then, to connect to Emulator from your host Linux :
$ ssh -p 2223 nemo@localhost
with password "nemo". You can uso "sudo" to run root commands like "zypper in <package-name>".
Or by pressing "<host-key> + F2" (host key is "Right Ctrl" by default) in Sailfish Emulator you get a terminal login. Password for nemo user is "nemo", but you can also login as root with no password. "<host-key> + F1" comes back to the Saifish Emulator GUI.
To connect to Mer-SDK from your host Linux :
$ ssh -p 2222 -i ~/SailfishOS/vmshare/ssh/private_keys/engine/mersdk mersdk@localhost
or, as root:
$ ssh -p 2222 -i ~/SailfishOS/vmshare/ssh/private_keys/engine/root root@localhost
Or by pressing "<host-key> + F2" (host key is "Right Ctrl" by default) in Mer SDK you get a terminal login, the root login has no password. "<host-key> + F1" comes back to the Mer SDK initial screen.

3) How do I copy files between host PC and Sailfish SDK Emulator ?
The host PC folder "~/SailfishOS/vmshare/" is shared to "/etc/mersdk/share/" in Sailfish Emulator as read-only. So you can copy files and folders from PC to Sailfish Emulator. Be careful to not delete the folder "ssh" and file "devices.xml". From Sailfish Emulator to PC, you can use scp, e.g., "scp -P 2223 nemo@localhost:filename .".

4) What are versions of the Linux kernel, Qt, gcc and Python ?
Linux kernel 3.6.11, Qt 5.0.2, gcc 4.6.4 and Python 2.7.3.

5) Useful softwares to install in Sailfish Emulator ?
nano, htop, fingerterm :
[nemo@SailfishEmul ~]$ sudo zypper in nano htop fingerterm

6) Python development :
Python 2.7.3 is already installed. Additional python packages for development :
# zypper in python-devel python-setuptools

7) Qt Creator SailfishOS Mode blank window :
For some users (including me), the SailfishOS Mode (in left vertical bar of Qt Creator) shows a blank window ("about:blank"). The solution is to type "127.0.0.1:8080" and "<Enter>".

8) Repository list of Sailfish Emulator :
In "/etc/zypp/repos.d/" :
ssu_adaptation0_release.repo, ssu_jolla_release.repo, ssu_mer-tools_release.repo, ssu_adaptation1_release.repo, ssu_mer-core_release.repo

9) Packages in repositories :
There are about 3,400 packages listed in the Sailfish OS repositories. About Python : approx. 90 packages; Qt5 : 800 packages; Wayland : 50 packages; X11 : 80 packages.

New features of Sailfish SDK Alpha Qt5 :
================================

- it uses Qt 5.0.2 (almost 5.1) instead of Qt 4.8;
- Wayland is used instead of X11 graphical server;
- there is no standard Qt Quick components 1.1 (used in MeeGo Harmattan) package;
- there is no PySide (Qt 4.8 bindings for Python), as it is not yet ported to Qt5, see the "Python & Qt5 on Sailfish" topic;
- so it is now harder to migrate from MeeGo Harmattan to Sailfish, C/C++ developers need to port your Qt 4/Qt Quick 1/Qt Quick components softwares to Qt 5/Qt Quick 2/Silica components. Python developers don't have PySide at all, until now there is only one solution, PyOtherSide, see the "Python & Qt5 on Sailfish" topic;
- Sailfish Emulator has no native terminal (there is fingerterm but it has screen size problems).

Requested features :
================

Some are already know by Jolla :

1) landscape mode in Sailfish Emulator;

2) Sailfish Emulator more populated with softwares, like web browser (needed to test web interfaces, etc), native Terminal, file manager, etc;

3) Qt Creator capable of creating .rpm packages;

4) repository and Jolla store to place Sailfish especific softwares (using Silica components, etc).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
I'm curious as to why the the SDK is still considered to be "Alpha" despite the fact the Jolla device is now available. What else do they plan to chop and change? Is the Silica API considered to be stable?

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2013-12-14 at 01:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I'm curious as to why the the SDK is still considered to be "Alpha" despite the fact the Jolla device is now available. What else do they plan to chop and change? Is the Silica API considered to be stable?
Not sure, but latest update attempt on win8 went terribly wrong, after a thousand clicks on retry then ignores SDK seems to be gone :/

Can anybody suggest the best linux distro companion for Jolla/Sailfish? (one that would use zypper/pkcon, so desktop experience would be as similar as possible to mobile, like debian/ubuntu with maemo) IIRC OpenSuse used rpms, though haven't used it too long, might be mistaken (still hoping for a HWKB OH and being able to just move files from one to the other and continue tinkering on the bus to work). Qt Creator did work on N900, with more ram/dual core this should be possible with not so outrageous compile times

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Well, if you use it. look at it. It's alfa For sure and it might be the reason only 50 apps available in jStore.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Latest ugrade failed for me again, because of the VirtualBox issues, so I had to install from scratch.

Dunno if its related to that I had installed my SDK in non standard dir /opt/SailfishOS instead of /home/$USER/SailfishOS

Just sharing my happy experience with Sailfish on Nokia N9. It is a good complement to Sailfish SDK & emulator because it has a more complete Sailfish (with web browser, real ARM CPU, etc) to test softwares. See the Sailfish Wiki on Maemo.org and the "Porting Sailfish to N9 (or other)" TMO topic.

In my case, I've used a Nokia N9 with open mode kernel, followed the Sailfish Wiki (steps 3, 5, 5, 6 and 7), used vgrade-r3 Sailfish image, enabled Jolla Store using ssu.ini from czdosi, set the date in terminal and shared the Harmattan MyDocs with Sailfish.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2013-12-15 at 17:18.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: