Originally Posted by 243kof View Post
No offense, but could you give me an example about how Jolla could be more "open" and "Unlike" about this? I mean, what would we have them do - tweet every time they get a package ready? To me, every moment they spend "communicating" at this point is a moment delaying my shipment.
That is such a strawman argument to make. Nobody is asking Jolla to delay shipments by communicating about each individual package. There are other places in the communications spectrum than the vague PR statements they are now making and/or individually tweeting about every single package, you know.

In reality, explaining how the order process work and where in the process they are progressing - preferably doing this even before the delay finally came public (they knew a week beforehand and chose to remain silent) - would have taken them much less time than fighting the proverbial s***storm that ensued by remaining silent and making vague statements.

Being open about this would probably require one informed Jolla employee, who in reality isn't picking orders anyway, ten minutes. They could have made a small blog about the shipping process and updating people every few days about the broad progress. But that would have been awesome, perfectly sufficient too would have been a few tweets over the weeks explaining how and where the order fulfillment process is progressing.

That would have been Unlike.

They said they had some problems - does it really matter what problems these were exactly? They have also said that we shouldn't read too much into the web shop orders status
It doesn't so much matter where the problems are, as to how the solution is coming along. If they had, before the delays became public, explained to us the issues - many people would have been far more understanding than when they saw DNA stores start sales without any word.

Many people respond far better to openness and honesty, than vague PR that is given only when absolutely felt mandatory to do something. Jolla chose the Corporate route, instead of the Unlike route.

- updating it is not their main concern right now and there are examples proving this - so every attempt of making sense of the order is almost based on thin air at the moment.
Yes, we are certainly grasping at straws due to lack of information from Jolla. Jolla could have chosen to let us know, though, and provide valuable service to the community they say they appreciate. This is feedback to suggest them how to show it.

I personally am fine with the information they have given and wouldn't need or want more, as long as I can see that thing are moving.
Sure, that is your opinion and you are welcome to it. I completely agree there are others who feel like you. There are also others who feel like me, also undisputable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by epmt View Post
I don't think there is a problem really anymore, other than limited time and Jolla following a non-priority order in shipping out the orders. There was some unknown delay to get the shipping started, but I don't think that necessarily applies anymore other than them being later than intended. They seem to be advanding as fast as they can.

I can see Cybette active in liking posts in this thread, but clearly Jolla has chosen to not inform us about actual progress or actual process of the shippings so we are left guessing.

I think so far the best guess is Kabouik's and mine. During the webshop invitations, Jolla started losing the pre-order order, not sending them out in order at least for some people so people didn't get the chance to confirm their orders in roughly the pre-order order.

Then to make things worse, Jolla stopped respecting the pre-order order when shipping, instead mostly seem to use the webshop order sequence. Add to this the delays in the shipping process overall, and that Wave 2 orders and non-orders could be picked from DNA stores, you have the mess we are in.

As a result, we still have people who ordered Day 1, Wave 1 and are stuck in the Paid purgatory. We can hope time is enough for Christmas deliveries, but in reality we have little information to go by to confirm that hope. The order numbers would suggest that they can reach those 3000-4000 ranges in time, so hopefully. Who knows how many orders they actually have and how fast they actually are progressing.

As for not turning from In Picking to Shipped, maybe that has to do with other delays - or weekend? Some have said they received their package before it turned into Shipped. It can be that In Picking is the most reliable indicator of shipping getting near.

TL;TR: I don't think there is necessarily anything new wrong, just the after effects of the initial shipping delay and then (more seriously, in my view) the order fullfilment sequence gone wrong.

Sadly, not sure that I agree with some of this. I think that there is still a problem, possibly a different one. The spreadsheet we are filling in pretty clearly shows that Jolla have been excellent at getting phones into picking (and, contrary to the view that they are not updating the status, they clearly have been have been doing so). And they were doing that at the rate of approximately 800 phones per day.

But translating "in picking" into "shipped" (and we don't care if Jolla are updating the order status about this or not since we get a tracking number from the carrier which is pretty damn definitive) was only proceeding at about 400 phones per day. And seems to have stopped on Thursday.

Unless, of course, Jolla are using the spreadsheet as an exclusion list ...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
probably Elop infiltrated Jolla

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
My order have been "Paid" since nov 27th. and One thing for sure, very doubtfull it will arrive in DK by december.
I mean no disrespect, but I can not agree with you. I understand your eagerness and I can feel your disappointment as we are the people who support Jolla and they really should care a little bit more about us(or at least show it a little bit more). But shipments DO arrive in Europe in a DAY, to your doorsteps! So it can be next Tuesday that you have your Jolla with you!
Let us just give Jolla a little more "faith credit", and trust them. Time will tell if they can live up to their claims and our loyalty.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
I mean no disrespect, but I can not agree with you. I understand your eagerness and I can feel your disappointment as we are the people who support Jolla and they really should care a little bit more about us(or at least show it a little bit more). But shipments DO arrive in Europe in a DAY, to your doorsteps! So it can be next Tuesday that you have your Jolla with you!
Let us just give Jolla a little more "faith credit", and trust them. Time will tell if they can live up to their claims and our loyalty.
Yes, I think there is still perfectly good chance that all orders will arrive by Christmas, even in Europe outside of Finland.

The worrysome part is, this is indeed based more on faith than fact for us. Jolla has given us no information to really support this claim - and given the failings before in the pre-order process, there really isn't precedent to suggest Jolla's claims can be fully trusted either. They already failed to honor pre-order order, a previous promise. if they were failing again, there is no precedent to suggest they would tell us in time.

Of course, more worrysome for some individuals are approaching vacation/travel plans. If the deliveries come very close to Christmas, there may not be anyone to receive them. I think it is telling that some people have already resigned to the fact that they may not see their Jolla until February.

If you are in Finland, I suggest trying DNA webshop or a DNA store to help you guarantee a Jolla by Christmas.

Jolla could easily alleviate our stress by providing us with more actual information. So far what we have gotten from them, though, are vague PR statements and emotional personal comments void of actual information.

TL;DR: I remain hopeful orders will come by Christmas. I am less hopeful communications will ever improve, but my suggestion stands on how to improve them.

The Following User Says Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Sadly, not sure that I agree with some of this. I think that there is still a problem, possibly a different one. The spreadsheet we are filling in pretty clearly shows that Jolla have been excellent at getting phones into picking (and, contrary to the view that they are not updating the status, they clearly have been have been doing so). And they were doing that at the rate of approximately 800 phones per day.

But translating "in picking" into "shipped" (and we don't care if Jolla are updating the order status about this or not since we get a tracking number from the carrier which is pretty damn definitive) was only proceeding at about 400 phones per day. And seems to have stopped on Thursday.

I agree, there may be something to this observation. Hard to tell.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Åland Islands, Finland

I think that the reason for the carriers tracking number stopping on thursday is the fact that Itella (Finnish postal company) lack the permission to send litiumbatteries by air mail. Thats probably why they use of FedEx for delivery at the moment. I am not so optimistic about getting my Jolla for Christmas despite being a first day orderer, having a low order number and living in Finland.

>shipments DO arrive in Europe in a DAY

Perhaps some do. But two years ago my N9 - from Sweden - took 5 days from shipping to delivery in the UK. So the reality is probably on average somewhere between those 2. Say 3 days.

Originally Posted by br4ndo View Post
lack the permission to send litiumbatteries by air mail.
It has already been stated that this is not correct; it only affects personal packages.

>shipments DO arrive in Europe in a DAY

Perhaps some do. But two years ago my N9 - from Sweden - took 5 days from shipping to delivery in the UK. So the reality is probably on average somewhere between those 2. Say 3 days.
Depends completely on the carrier and method used. The likes of FedEx are perfectly capable of intra-EU 1 day, going to the local post office during Christmas rush would be another story.