Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
How it is
That's another thing. I started playing that video in a new tab, then went back here to continue reading. The playback stopped. That sucks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
What you are talking about is normal price drop/rise due to market.
I am talking about false public relation actions to keep up a totally unacceptable high price done by one and the same company.
Not due to the market only. But due to prices given by companies : Blackberry, LG, Dell, etc.

If something like this happens to me (and it did!) I just call/mail customer care and I always succeeded to get the lower price with a bit of negotiations (due to online-buy-send-back-guaranty and eligibility of getting the lower price).
And that is where Jolla badly failed in this special case!
If you like to know more details please PM me, as there is no need to discuss this publicly.FULL STOP
I bought my Nexus 4 for R$1.699 and 6 months later it was for R$800. No negociations were possible between me and LG to refund me. It was my problem, as I wanted to have a Nexus 4 in the beginning of its launch in Brazil. Who waited for some months had the advantage of paying less.

No negociations between me and Dell (I use Dell notebooks for more than 13 years) were possible, I've tried by phone some years ago. I've lost the excellent promotional price during one week. My decision, my responsibility.

--edit
And if a company fails to understand me as customer, I as a customer feel to not support such company with my money (even I like the product) - that's the way I see it. No more, no less.
Well, so I would drop buying from almost all the companies I'm used to : Apple (indication for my family), Asus, Dell, LG, Samsung, etc. All of them have had cases of oscillating prices where I or my family have paid more at some moment and some time later it was lower. It happens.

By the way, I've paid for my 1st Jolla via Amazon.UK approx. R$2,000 (US$820, EUR642 currently) with international shipping, Brazilian import taxes,etc. It was my decision to buy it. Period. I don't compare with Indian or European prices for Jolla smartphone, where I could pay a lot less. My reality is that I live in Brazil. I'll not blame Jolla for this fact.

PS: I've had luck when buying Psion Revo+, Nokia N810, Nokia N900, etc at the minimum historical price where I were living at the time. Sometimes we have luck with prices, sometimes not.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2014-12-30 at 23:50.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
Dude, you're completely missing the point.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Really? You're complaining about them reducing the price by €100?

Please slap yourselves or get somebody nearby to do it if you're incapable.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Really? You're complaining about them reducing the price by €100?
No, actually we're not.
We're talking about the strategy employed by Jolla concerning the use of discount codes.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
A somewhat extreme example to illustrate how it feels to a common customer:

You come to a kebab stand and make your order. The kebab man makes the kebab for you, sticks it in front of your face, then whisks it away. He repeats the same thing two more times and in the end, he throws the kebab at you. You are about to open your mouth and speak when 5 kebab man's friends pounce on you with the words,

"What are you complaining about? Did you want a kebab or not? Did you get it or not? We did not even see you paying for it. So shut up and be grateful for the grace from the heaven that you, unworthy slime, have been given!"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I thought this discussion couldn't get any more amusing.

I was wrong. Thank you, Internet

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 217 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Indonesia, Banyuwangi
No Jolla in Indonesia. So what i can do with the code?

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
A somewhat extreme example to illustrate how it feels to a common customer:

You come to a kebab stand and make your order. The kebab man makes the kebab for you, sticks it in front of your face, then whisks it away. He repeats the same thing two more times and in the end, he throws the kebab at you. You are about to open your mouth and speak when 5 kebab man's friends pounce on you with the words,

"What are you complaining about? Did you want a kebab or not? Did you get it or not? We did not even see you paying for it. So shut up and be grateful for the grace from the heaven that you, unworthy slime, have been given!"
I don't think this example really hits the mark.
It fits better if the kebab man says " You are my very special friend! I give you a special discount because you are my very special friend!". And he does so a couple a times.
Then the next time you walk in the joint you see that you're not his very special friend anymore becasue everybody is getting the discount.

This kind of behaviour results in a strange psychological effect that makes people that actually have gotten a discount think they have been wronged. And on a psychological level that may even be true. But I'm no shrink so don't mind me

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
I don't think this example really hits the mark.
It fits better if the kebab man says " You are my very special friend! I give you a special discount because you are my very special friend!". And he does so a couple a times.
Then the next time you walk in the joint you see that you're not his very special friend anymore becasue everybody is getting the discount.

This kind of behaviour results in a strange psychological effect that makes people that actually have gotten a discount think they have been wronged. And on a psychological level that may even be true. But I'm no shrink so don't mind me
That is the right example in this situation!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post: