Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Yes, but they landed on the wrong moon.
That was no moon.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
That was no moon.
how do you explain this then?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Is there any way I can get my money back from Jolla for the tablet? It's not that I don't want to support Jolla anymore, but I don't really have a need for a tablet currently (which I did have when I backed the funding) and I need the money for more important things right now

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Dave, that's no moon.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
«We might even have some positive surprises in stock for you. But more on that will follow, feel free to speculate!»
Lol, what? In other words "We screw you, but you'll get free candy. Wanna talk about it?"

Btw, I wonder would it be surprise like with special edition Jolla Phone for first wave, that became special TOH, that was just special colour and ringtone, which was sold at shop after all Or would be this surprise like promised opensourcing few years back?
I think if they fail on their promises so much, they need to do more than a "surprise" and moreover asking for people to be positive and speculate.
Obviously none of those mean much to those who contributed. Open sourcing won't bring any device to anyone. Jolla Phone manufacturing has already ceased, so it's unlikely there is going to be "special edition" based on that HW. More likely it has something to do with the coming Intex phone and maybe some "special edition" of that device. Other possibility is some other manufacturer creating another kind of device. However, I doubt it as it has been quiet on that front, if that manufacturer doesn't want to do it "the Apple way" and have devices ready to ship on announcement. Positive side is that the story continues, at least some time, but I don't personally believe there is going to be another Jolla branded device manufactured by Jolla Ltd.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
but I don't personally believe there is going to be another Jolla branded device manufactured by Jolla Ltd.
Yes, I think this was said quite clearly between the lines by Antti Saarnio when he told Jolla is back in business. Jolla's investors are interested in Sailfish OS and not on the device business side.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Jolla to crowdfunding backers: Not everyone will get a tablet - January 2nd 2016
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
JulmaHerra, please read for comprehension, keeping in mind that ZogG is not as fluent in English as you are. I think what he is getting at is the Jolla's proven track record of "special" offers "just for you" that turned out to be a cursed gift: the "special" First One preorder where the First Ones ended up worse off when they still had not received their phones while random strangers could already buy theirs in a shop... or the "special, just for you" discount coupons from just over a year ago with the net effect that the price was dropped for everybody immediately after some naive fools (including yours truly) used their coupons...

Some people may have a short or selective memory but for the rest of us, expecting that the Tabletgate "special surprise" is going to be in a similar vein is the most natural thing to do.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Obviously none of those mean much to those who contributed. Open sourcing won't bring any device to anyone. Jolla Phone manufacturing has already ceased, so it's unlikely there is going to be "special edition" based on that HW. More likely it has something to do with the coming Intex phone and maybe some "special edition" of that device. Other possibility is some other manufacturer creating another kind of device. However, I doubt it as it has been quiet on that front, if that manufacturer doesn't want to do it "the Apple way" and have devices ready to ship on announcement. Positive side is that the story continues, at least some time, but I don't personally believe there is going to be another Jolla branded device manufactured by Jolla Ltd.
My reference was that they already promised special Jolla edition for first backers of the phone few years back and it ended up having special ringtone and nothing more. I'm pretty sure they have nothing to offer, so they just use "soon", "speculate" and "something" like always

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
JulmaHerra, please read for comprehension, keeping in mind that ZogG is not as fluent in English as you are. I think what he is getting at is the Jolla's proven track record of "special" offers "just for you" that turned out to be a cursed gift: the "special" First One preorder where the First Ones ended up worse off when they still had not received their phones while random strangers could already buy theirs in a shop... or the "special, just for you" discount coupons from just over a year ago with the net effect that the price was dropped for everybody immediately after some naive fools (including yours truly) used their coupons...

Some people may have a short or selective memory but for the rest of us, expecting that the Tabletgate "special surprise" is going to be in a similar vein is the most natural thing to do.
i meant special Jolla phone as they promised special edition for first backers and they they said it would be special TOH whcih ended up being special colour and ringtone. After few months TOH with this "special" colour was sold at their shops.
It's always for gave as much promises, get as much money for them

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund