Active Topics

Notices

I might have skipped a few pages in this long thread, have I missed something crucial? Cepi has no PC no more?

Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by MoritzJT View Post
I might have skipped a few pages in this long thread, have I missed something crucial? Cepi has no PC no more?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96258

about the pc: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96258&page=7

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
whatsup keep asking to re register my number everytime i turn my phone off/on...any help?

Originally Posted by 247 View Post
whatsup keep asking to re register my number everytime i turn my phone off/on...any help?
are you able to register at all?
if not, I registered my number using the WART tool and pasted the credentials into the whatsup config files by hand

the app is working...simply everytime i turn on/off or reboot my phone it ask me to register my number again...i also noticed that messages don't shows names but just numbers...this while the contacts view perfectly shows every name...

Last edited by 247; 2016-01-11 at 09:38.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
if you use git and obs you can develop and compile from any place just using web browser

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Germany
Hello,
i bought my Jolla two weeks ago, received it last week and installed whatsup immediatly after i've found it in this forum.Since I'm new to the "Jolla-World" and to whatsup, i have som problems.
If somebody writes me a massage via whatsapp during the time, in which may cellphone is switched off, i don't receive the message in whatsup, when i switch on my mobile.

Is there anything I did wrong or can do better to solve this problem?

Second thing is, that the In-App notifications are very quiet...

I hope you can help me, because in general it is a great phone and the people, who are dedicated to programming for Sailfish making it fun to be part of the movement

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NASDAQ For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by NASDAQ View Post
Hello,
i bought my Jolla two weeks ago, received it last week and installed whatsup immediatly after i've found it in this forum.Since I'm new to the "Jolla-World" and to whatsup, i have som problems.
If somebody writes me a massage via whatsapp during the time, in which may cellphone is switched off, i don't receive the message in whatsup, when i switch on my mobile.

Is there anything I did wrong or can do better to solve this problem?

Second thing is, that the In-App notifications are very quiet...

I hope you can help me, because in general it is a great phone and the people, who are dedicated to programming for Sailfish making it fun to be part of the movement
There is an option in the Whatsup settings to enable auto start Whatsup when you boot your phone.

It should be tight to the ringtone volume iirc. Or just select a different tune

Welcome to our world!

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Germany
I've allowed whatsup to start during booting but still i don't get some messages especially from people with iphones. It seems as if the messages get lost nowhere. During the time my jolla is switched off, they send me something, but when i switch it on, i dont get it, even when i start whatsup and it connects without any delay... the message doesn't show up in the chat.

Originally Posted by 247 View Post
the app is working...simply everytime i turn on/off or reboot my phone it ask me to register my number again...i also noticed that messages don't shows names but just numbers...this while the contacts view perfectly shows every name...
sounds like a permissions problem on your .whatsup or Whatsup folder if it has to write to /tmp all the time...

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup