Notices

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
Updated, prettier nuvoClear theme. Download it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=16SSF3HM
(It's a borderless theme for those who haven't seen it.) os2008 only
I'm really satisfied with the updated NuvoClear. Thanks. I do have one minor complaint however. In Personal Menu, the background has no contrast, it's basically whited out which makes scrolling through the apps with any accuracy difficult.

Other than that, it's great.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Lake Wobegon, Minnesota
Oops, sorry. That's my fault. It's for os2008 only. I'll go back and label it. Didn't mess anything up did I?
No, no problem. Thanks.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Missouri, USA
Okay, thanks for your feedback guys, I really appreciate it.
Lets see here, I wish I could move the date closer to the clock applet too, but it seems it's fixed there due to the applet's layout.
Font can be increases easily, I agree it's a little small. Increasing the font size will probably make the clock/date applet look better. I've never actually tried Personal Menu; I'll try it out and see what I can do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Underscore For This Useful Post:
i've gone for the borderless/frameless look too, but like the screenshot a few posts above it now makes simplelauncher stand out even more as non-transparent! anyone got an in on how to fix it?

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
Originally Posted by flareup View Post
i've gone for the borderless/frameless look too, but like the screenshot a few posts above it now makes simplelauncher stand out even more as non-transparent! anyone got an in on how to fix it?
uninstall --> install personal menu.

I keed.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I've never actually tried Personal Menu; I'll try it out and see what I can do.
Underscore, thanks for creating the theme. Maybe someone else is talking about Personal Menu, but I'm referring to the list you get on a short press of the hardwarre Home button - the active app's name disappears into the background.

But nonetheless ... thanks again!

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Missouri, USA
Ok, here's nuvoClear, updated. >Download<
I think I've taken care of most of what's been pointed out, but there's this black line that I can't get rid of on the keyboard. It's driving me crazy. Does anyone else see it? I'm thinking it may be something left by the lcars theme...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Underscore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Underscore: Thank you for this latest update! Surprisingly, I never noticed the low contrast font with personal menu, but I did notice it with application switcher. This was the main thing driving me back to the pre-installed themes from the Nuvo-based ones.

One thing I just can't get right (*sigh*) is the rss transparency. Whenever I try to edit the transparency on the rss box (as well as the speed contacts box) I end up with these weird looking artifacts. The default themes' rss boxes look so nice.
I played with those two to see about making them transparent, too. I got it but, really when it comes down to it, all I managed to do was make the scrolling RSS feeds appear like they're floating against the background and if you make the background screen of the scrolling text *too* transparent for that part of the box, you can't read the feed lines if it's against a busy background, anyway.

I never did figure out how to use speed contacts so all I have is a lovely empty, barely-there box

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
I see that some of you, use my disk free space python home applet plugin ...

maybe i should make it transparent ...

Tags
bora, chinook, desktop, diablo, insane emulation, maemo, maemo 2, maemo 3, maemo 4, picture, pictures, screens getting shot, screenshots