Hello,

just need an advice.

My problems are:

1. When typing on the onscreen keyboart it sometimes press a completely false button... For example, i tap "x" and get "p". It happens not often, but it is annoing.

2. I cant calibrate my screen, in the upper parts after holding the stylos for a long time tapped, the ring which appears is not with my stylos in the middle... Difficult to explain.

So should i visit the nokia support or is it normal ?

The Following User Says Thank You to cybic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Not sure what you're saying on the calibration, but you just do a quick tap, lightly, in each of the 4 "targets: -- it sounds like you're holding the stylus against the target for a length of time.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

I know HOW to calibrate the touchscreen. One of the problems is, that this calibration doesnīt help me

If you open your browser, switch to a full screen modus and tap and hold your stylus near the upper left corner - the you see if your stylus is exactly in the middle of the ring.

I just want to know - is it normal, that the stylus is always not in the middle of the ring?

And the second question was about tapping on the onscreen keyboard - anybody the same problem, like tapping an "x" and getting "p" instead? Not often, just sometimes... Seams like the digitizer is not correctly responding...

No, thats not normal but some touchscreens are defective. Sometimes flash helps (but not me).

Originally Posted by cybic View Post
And the second question was about tapping on the onscreen keyboard - anybody the same problem, like tapping an "x" and getting "p" instead? Not often, just sometimes... Seams like the digitizer is not correctly responding...
Yes.

(misc text req. to submit short post)

Originally Posted by chrisak View Post
Yes.

(misc text req. to submit short post)

So itīs NOT normal, I should bring it to the NOKIA store?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by cybic View Post
So itīs NOT normal, I should bring it to the NOKIA store?
Generally speaking, these issues are driver/software related and mostly new with OS2008 and mostly (apparently, anyway) fixed with Diablo.

So, no, it's not usually a hardware issue.

Yes, meaning my screen sometimes behaves exactly as you describe. In fact, it just now happened (heh, and again) when tapping the last period (and then the 'n' in happened)

So is this normall? I don't know. But crap like that double (last 'u' didd it) L back there, and again wiith that D annd "I" and N" geez, tthis can go on forever -- this happens enough to be annoying.

Anyway, perhaps this will be fixed in a future software update.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by chrisak View Post
So is this normall? I don't know. But crap like that double (last 'u' didd it) L back there, and again wiith that D annd "I" and N" geez, tthis can go on forever -- this happens enough to be annoying.
People have variously reported success with one of two calibrations methods. The first, calibrating with very light touches of the stylus. The second, calibrating with very hard* touches of the stylus.

Light seems to be more successful for more people, but, as this issue seems to stem a lot from the excessive variability in touchscreen sensitivity between tablets, your mileage may vary.

*Please try not to break your tablet's screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Ok, the strange tapping problem is clear now... But whatīs about the circle?

When I tap and hold my stylos in the full screen mode in my browser in the middle of the screen, the stylos is just right in the middle of the appearing circle! But in the right upper corner itīs under the middle, in the left upper corner its higher then the middle, and so on...

So, sometimes i have some problems to tap a link in a page!

Is this normal?