Active Topics

O.K. I have sucessfully cloned my N800 system to my internal 2gb memory card.
Now, I just picked up a 4gb SDHC memory card. So here are my questions :

1) Can I clone the 2gb internal memory card with operatining system to the new 4gb memorycard. (I am guessing that the answer is probably no)

2) If no to question #1, then should I just use the new 4gb card in my external slot for music movies, etc?

3) Should I replace the 2gb internal memory card with the 4gb SDHC memory card and clone from the N800 all over again ??

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by fibroman View Post
O.K. I have sucessfully cloned my N800 system to my internal 2gb memory card.
Now, I just picked up a 4gb SDHC memory card. So here are my questions :

1) Can I clone the 2gb internal memory card with operatining system to the new 4gb memorycard. (I am guessing that the answer is probably no)

2) If no to question #1, then should I just use the new 4gb card in my external slot for music movies, etc?

3) Should I replace the 2gb internal memory card with the 4gb SDHC memory card and clone from the N800 all over again ??
Hi, fibroman. Seems to me this could have been put in an already-existing thread. (I guess I'm becoming a bit of a stickler! )

For an N800, at least, the answer is that yes, you can clone the 2gb to the 4gb, if you use Acronis True Image (Windows). Maybe there's a way in Linux, I don't know. If you aren't getting more cards and you gave enough room for your OS on the 2GB, I'd just ride with what I have and use the 4GB for movies, etc.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

O.K. So I purchased Acronis True Image and made a backup of my 2gb Mem Card. I then tried to restore it to my new 4gb Mem card. It works but the problem is that the new 4gb mem card now thinks it is a 2gb mem card ..

How can I restore the 2gb mem card to the 4gb mem card and keep the 2gb of unused space !!!

Please let me know, thanks.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I saw a notice on Time Warner Cable that a new Clone Your MMC Card channel is coming to cable. They have plenty of material to fill 24 hours a day, they say.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by fibroman View Post
O.K. So I purchased Acronis True Image and made a backup of my 2gb Mem Card. I then tried to restore it to my new 4gb Mem card. It works but the problem is that the new 4gb mem card now thinks it is a 2gb mem card ..

How can I restore the 2gb mem card to the 4gb mem card and keep the 2gb of unused space !!!

Please let me know, thanks.
Go through the restore again. Somewhere along the line you allowed it to do automatically what you need to do manually. It let's you make the new partitions any sizes you want.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)