If I use my tablet (n800) to browse the main page
www.internettablettalk.com/ where a list of most recent messages
appear at the top, the browser usually become very sluggish and
it takes forever to scroll down to read the new topics. it doesn't happen when I go into a topic, just on the main page listing recent ones. cpu also seems maximized in load applet, and if I click on the menu button it takes a long time for menu to appear. This is with OS2008, microB. I dont have this problem if I use IE on windows xp.
Any solution?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Well, you could start with these additions to your userContent.css file (which you may have to create -- you can google the forum and find instructions). Some of this may help too.

Off-topic, but kinda related: I stopped by an Apple Store today and played with the iPod Touch. On Safari I tried loading this website's homepage, and it brought that browser to a crash, not just to a crawl! (Full disclosure: no other site I loaded on the iTouch had that effect.)

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Richmond, BC, Canada
same thing happens with my iphone's safari. it almost loads the main page, then freezes, forcing me to restart it

It's a secret ploy to reduce the number of iPhone vs. N810 threads.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
I experienced the same issue...

I have not as yet gotten the .css to work Followed the instructions in one of the threads here, got he directory created...could not create the file....OH well,

As a short term solution when I don't feel patient I run this site through the Google Mobilizer Not as pretty or easy to navigate but it is faster.

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Richmond, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
It's a secret ploy to reduce the number of iPhone vs. N810 threads.
haha. btw, which is better, the iphone or n810? :P

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Of course the N8x0 is better (I have an N800) as evidenced by the quality of itT members/lurkers

Seriously, it depends on what you want...

Do you want everything spoon fed?
& then only what SJ wants to feed you.

Has your VCR been blinking 12:00 for years.

OR

A device that requires a little effort to make it do what you want it to?

Personally, I like the Nokia. However if my Mother-In-Law was interested in tech, she'd be a perfect candidate for the PodPhone

Originally Posted by Vapourstreak View Post
haha. btw, which is better, the iphone or n810? :P
From standpoint of conceptual progress, the n810 since its based off the n800, which was the sucessor of the 770, which was based off some Nokia IT prototypes. They were way ahead of their time (the Nokia Internet Tablets.) With its price, form factor, design, and open source concept in devices created in a corporate setting.

Now Apple isn't innovative per say, but they are innovative because they integrated many design, and GUI ideas into a single device: The iPod touch/iPhone. Apple really isn't breaking any new ground besides the integration of a capacitive touchscreen which before was only found in few consumer and industrial applications; A touch friendly interface that has been proved before with our NIT's, Windows Mobile, Pocket Pc's, and UMPC's - its just a mismash of many already known ideas of GUI interaction.

Honestly Apple's products are losing quality as they expand and reach out to more people, and ever since the Macintosh, we have to suffer depression from closed source. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this but I do suffer depression, and the idea of closed source does not help at all.

Overall, get everything, because you know what you know, thus you need to understand first hand how each of the products handels.

EDIT = I forgot to mention how Nokia is playing this game of limited resources, so its a given the NIT will be less consumer orientated because they don't have the kind of money for the NIT that Apple has for the iPhone, because the money for Nokia is mainly in the cellphone market. N they just lost like 60 bil (or mil?)

Last edited by scumgrief; 2008-04-23 at 03:52. Reason: addition

The Following User Says Thank You to scumgrief For This Useful Post:
Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Love that css file. I've added it to my css mega pack that I posted to the os2008 forums. It's one big zip that you unzip and dump into the chrome dir.

The Following User Says Thank You to brontide For This Useful Post:
From standpoint of conceptual progress, the n810 since its based off the n800, which was the sucessor of the 770, which was based off some Nokia IT prototypes. They were way ahead of their time (the Nokia Internet Tablets.) With its price, form factor, design, and open source concept in devices created in a corporate setting.

Now Apple isn't innovative per say, but they are innovative because they integrated many design, and GUI ideas into a single device: The iPod touch/iPhone. Apple really isn't breaking any new ground besides the integration of a capacitive touchscreen which before was only found in few consumer and industrial applications; A touch friendly interface that has been proved before with our NIT's, Windows Mobile, Pocket Pc's, and UMPC's - its just a mismash of many already known ideas of GUI interaction.

Honestly Apple's products are losing quality as they expand and reach out to more people, and ever since the Macintosh, we have to suffer depression from closed source. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this but I do suffer depression, and the idea of closed source does not help at all.

Overall, get everything, because you know what you know, thus you need to understand first hand how each of the products handels.
useful information