Active Topics

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California
Does anyone know of a program for the N800 OS2008 that can do unit conversions: converting from Celcius to Fahrenheit, regular to metric, foreign currencies, etc.

I couldn't find it on the maemo.org site nor elsewhere. Maybe Nokia will release a program like that soon. On my MAC OS X dashboard I have a widget that is a unit converter.

Looking forward to some comments.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida (I'm Spaniard)
I'm looking for something like that too. No luck until now.

Correction, it is conversion from regular to imperial system.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
Mathjinni was supposed to have a unit convertor in a future build.

http://www.anderenen.de/repository

Right now you could use the TiEmu 2 emulator (see link in my sig) to do unit conversions. See http://www.nadn.navy.mil/MathDept/we...jects/unit.htm
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Central Illinois
This question has been asked before. My solution (at the bottom) was a flash-based (.swf) units converter.

The question of a currency converter has also been asked before.

Amazing what a little searching will do (google for units converter and google for currency convertor [sic]).

The Following User Says Thank You to terrencegf For This Useful Post:
Thanks everyone. I'll keep looking. I wanted to have a widget sort of unit converter when i'm offline, or when i'm not able to access the internet and need use the converter. I have several links to converter websites so when i'm on the internet there's no lack of help in that department.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by Lingie View Post
Thanks everyone. I'll keep looking. I wanted to have a widget sort of unit converter when i'm offline, or when i'm not able to access the internet and need use the converter. I have several links to converter websites so when i'm on the internet there's no lack of help in that department.
You don't need to be online for the Flash unit converter to work. Just make sure you have Shockwave Flash active. It uses the browser but all the info is embedded in the downloaded swf file.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
There was a great free unit converter for the palm OS that I used to use called "Unit Converter Pro" Not as easily accessible from the desktop, but it includes an extremely wide variety of measurement types, from magnetic induction to radiation to calorific value. I have it installed and running under GarnetVM. It is still available for free download--a Google search ought to turn it up (I don't remember the exact site where I got it just a month or two ago.)

Thanks tuco penguin for the info. I'll check it out.

GeraldKo & Terrencegf, I was able to download the converter and really appreciate your suggestion and instruction.

Originally Posted by tuco penguin View Post
There was a great free unit converter for the palm OS that I used to use called "Unit Converter Pro" Not as easily accessible from the desktop, but it includes an extremely wide variety of measurement types, from magnetic induction to radiation to calorific value. I have it installed and running under GarnetVM. It is still available for free download--a Google search ought to turn it up (I don't remember the exact site where I got it just a month or two ago.)
http://www.freewarepalm.com/calculat...oforpalm.shtml

I have this on my Palm TX. It's great.