Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Thanks for the post. Make me feel a tart better to know if I go to the corner and cry, somebody is in the same boat and probably cry harder .

Just updated Skype to [10014/1.7.113.22.2]. Worked just like before did not notice any difference. Video call? Have not try yet. Anybody?

With so many programes have problem, I looked at the title of this thread, it should say "Diablo Released - Say goodbye to ...." Qgil is reading, got to have some respect
bun
hmm man i aint got no problems...as for skype...it works a little better...clearer...as for vid calling...well i dont know..

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
We still need initfs_flasher updated to support mmc boot.
Right ?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
Personal Menu, X-Chat, Speccy, Colem + other emulators.. No luck.. Bomber man,.. no luck.. Missing.. missing..
You do have some 'big' apps not working. Problem. I know a way to get around. Is the MMC boot menu still working? Did some of you early adapter able to hack to make a bootmenu work? I need that to get to use my mplayer to continue my pet projet. I need mplayer.27, I need mplayer.27, I need mplayer.27. Nothing? I was taught to say something 3 times, it is going to happen. This time obviously not. Strange.

I was joking couple hrs back, the best about Diablo is one can now browse iTT from your tablet and wont crash. Unfortunately, that has become quite true now

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-24 at 19:54.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by Tabster View Post
Bugzilla Bug 2922 back in February...
Some guy said he thought that feature would be activated once out of beta but I guess he misunderstood me or was not involved in the development.
that someone was me, and i swear that its the exact same answer that i got when asking about this while first trying out the modest betas. sadly i cant dig up who or when i got that reply

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
Go to the application manager and edit the catalogues.
If distribution it's blank, then add chinook.
I have some catalogues there that has chinook information. But I cant install those softwares.

There is atleast garage Extras and Gizmo Catalogue that have Chinook information.

Whats missing/what should I add..

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Question for any advanced early adopters:
Is the initfs partition made bigger when flashing with Diablo? Or did they shrink the initfs to fit in the old size? (I'm hoping, of course, that it's bigger; that way even more room for stuff on there when I remove any WiMAX-related stuff.)

(BTW, I've figured out how to force Nokia to release OSes. Every time I seriously scramble something on my SD (just the partition table, this time) they release something new. )
OK, I'll be more specific... can anyone post the output of:
Code:
df /mnt/initfs
on a clean-flashed Diablo install? (If you've got bootmenu installed or not, that's fine, but you have to have an actual Diablo flash, not a hybrid draftSSU deviant.)

FWIW, mine (Chinook / draftSSU, with way customized initfs) looks like:
Code:
Filesystem           1k-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mtdblock4            2048      1916       132  94% /mnt/initfs
initfs_flasher worked just fine, BTW; don't know any reason it wouldn't work now, though it might take a little more intervention...

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Just updated Skype to [10014/1.7.113.22.2]. Worked just like before did not notice any difference. Video call? Have not try yet. Anybody?
I tried but no, video call is no there.

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Has anyone manager to instal Rhapsody, I keep getting told applications are missing:

Application packages missing:
flash-and-reboot (=3)
initfs-flasher (=0.9516-200823maemo2)
kernel-diablo-flasher (=2.6.21-200823maemo3)
osso-ic (>1.0.0)

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
OK, I'll be more specific... can anyone post the output of:
Code:
df /mnt/initfs
on a clean-flashed Diablo install? (If you've got bootmenu installed or not, that's fine, but you have to have an actual Diablo flash, not a hybrid draftSSU deviant.)

FWIW, mine (Chinook / draftSSU, with way customized initfs) looks like:
Code:
/dev/mtdblock4            2048      1916       132  94% /mnt/initfs
initfs_flasher worked just fine, BTW; don't know any reason it wouldn't work now, though it might take a little more intervention...
With Diablo fresh install:

Code:
/dev/mtdblock4            4096      2620       1476  64% /mnt/initfs

The Following User Says Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
What is the password when I do sudo apt-get install ?

I have tried rootme but no lluck...

Regards