Active Topics

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
As an aside to everybody wanting to use AdBlock, don't bother. It's mostly just a good way of slowing down the browser. Go with an ad-blocking CSS file and hosts file instead.
I've had good success with privoxy too.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by sungrove View Post
...I'm still wondering why the browser crashes on ITT, but I'll take what I have so far.

Neil
Neil: Something is NOT right. I have been using the browser for several days now, NOT ONE crash. And also it now works with iTT without any modification.

As a general rule, I seldom use restore in a reflash update. Call me chicken.

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Neil: Something is NOT right. I have been using the browser for several days now, NOT ONE crash. And also it now works with iTT without any modification.

As a general rule, I seldom use restore in a reflash update. Call me chicken.

bun
Hey Bun

Well, As I said, I did reflash with Diablo and skipped the restore part.

That worked for the email which now works. But I have not been able to reinstall RTCOMM beta.

I can install the beta installer software but then it complains that I am missing repositories.

Funny, I was able to install this when I restored using the backup utility.

I see the detail with a long list of missing dependencies. I need to do my home work to figure out which package(s) I need.

At this moment the Chinook package is down. And I do have the package labeled for RTCOMM beta.

So, restore without backup seems to have fixed one thing and made another thing much harder to install.

Neil

The Following User Says Thank You to sungrove For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Well, I have to say this has been the smoothest upgrade ever. Only a couple of applications didn't install.
I did the restore (I even tarred up /home/user and untarred it after the upgrade) and, just to start with a clean state for the browser, I deleted /home/user/.mozilla.
The sites that didn't zoom properly under chinook now seem to be zooming correctly.
I didn't try the new modest yet (last beta I tried choked on my big imap folders), but claws works fine.
I've not played with it for long but all in all it seems a solid update.
Congratulations to all people involved.

Everything is working well for me as well since the upgrade however, I keep getting this error after leaving plugged into the charger for a while: "internal Error. Application 'E-Mail' Closed" OK. The strange this is I still get E-mail notifications, the blue LED blinks and I can read my e-mails. No biggie, just wondering if anybody else is getting this error.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
yah caulktel;...mine does that sometimes...i actually am pleased ,...browser seems slow to start...but one its going...pretty snappy...

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by luca View Post
I didn't try the new modest yet (last beta I tried choked on my big imap folders)
I tried it now, but still no joy with big folders.
Besides, it is lacking many options (threading, view next unread, mark thread read, mark folder read, show only new messages) that I take for granted in a mail program.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
"As an aside to everybody wanting to use AdBlock, don't bother. It's mostly just a good way of slowing down the browser. Go with an ad-blocking CSS file and hosts file instead.
I've had good success with privoxy too."

I've become a fan of the flash-block program.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by joepagiii View Post
yah caulktel;...mine does that sometimes...i actually am pleased ,...browser seems slow to start...but one its going...pretty snappy...
Hey Joe,

What is goin on with your post...kind of curious...what are those "..." Are you doing this by intention...or you just having fun...? I noticed that for a couple of days by now...and your posts are the ones that I follow...

...bun...

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
As an aside to everybody wanting to use AdBlock, don't bother. It's mostly just a good way of slowing down the browser. Go with an ad-blocking CSS file and hosts file instead.
to continue off topic, the most simple way to get rid off the most of the ads (annoying ones anyway) is to disable flash