Active Topics

Closed Thread
My wireless stopped working failed NOT SO seamless software update. So I can'f fix my installation And my PC is not detection n800 via USB, so no reflash possible.
Any ideas? I was thinking of downloading whole repository to SD cards and try to update with that?

Reflash is possible, I'm sure; you're probably not doing the procedure quite right. But that's not the best solution anyway.

As for the network problem, that's been discussed some, but I haven't tracked it as mine wasn't affected. There's probably some info out there that'll help you figure out what packages, etc. are at issue.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by luca View Post
I've not updated my n800 yet (I'm waiting for a replacement lcd), but I'm checking these prerequisites and I don't have that directory.
I don't remember deleting it (I just deleted the promotional video and the user guides in the languages I don't need, but even those in the user directory).
Could it be that it was removed in the postinstall script of pre-installed-documentation-rx34?
Definitely is the post install scripts that removes /usr/share/pre-installed/MyDocs/.documents/ (I know because it made fail the second dpkg --configure pre-installed-documentation-rx34).
The first (and third ) one failed because I had symlinks in /home/user/MyDocs/.documents.
After removing the symlinks, recreating the directory /usr/share/pre-installed/MyDocs/.documents/ with a dummy file, a dpkg --configure pre-installed-documentation-rx34, a apt-get install and a flash-and-reboot I completed the update.
Thanks to maacruz message and this thread I avoided the reboot loop and having to reflash.
I hope next time the pre installed documentation won't cause these problems.

After the Update i have more power drain - cpu is always jumping between 10-50 percent

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by cybic View Post
After the Update i have more power drain - cpu is always jumping between 10-50 percent
That's vague, tell us which exact process to blame...

just updated this and tested with GPS, I thought that fist-time-to fix GPS signal is less than 5 minutes which is much more faster then the previous Upgrade. It works as if A-GPS is included.

Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
That's vague, tell us which exact process to blame...
Sure - Hildon Desktop always needs about 23% of CPU Time - eats Battery badely...

Also - maybe i'm wrong, but it seems to happen after i lock the device!

N810

Finally braved this SSU as well - deleted the user guide PDFs, but also had many other random documents I've made. Update went through successfully and yeah, the web browser is even more snappier. Hopefully it'll be stable in the long term though. Onwards to cloning the OS to a 8GB SDHC card... and playing with Debian!

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Wisconsin, USA
I recently acquired a used N810. For what it's worth, I updated the firmware to 36-5 yesterday and have experienced no problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to zigzago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by zigzago View Post
I recently acquired a used N810. For what it's worth, I updated the firmware to 36-5 yesterday and have experienced no problems.
More info please, a step by step guide would be very appreciated. How do you do it? did you backup? You have rotation installed? Upgrade from OS?

TIA,

bun

Closed Thread

Tags
diablo, os2008, ssu, upgrade