Notices

I have noticed an increase in posts about battery related issues in the past several weeks.

After pulling my remaining hairs trying everything including a reflash and putting no applications on the n810 and when my problems didnt go away I bit the bullet and bought a new battery.
my tablet started having issues when the battery was about 10 months old (or new)

since replacing it with an oem battery purchased on amazon i have not had a single issue. i bought my tablet end of november 2007-

just an idea to pursue....

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
im considering it as i bought my N800 used. but im not sure what battery exactly is in it, as i had a wsod 770 that had the same type of battery, and i tried to swap them around for a while...

could maybe do that again, but its quite possible that i have damaged the stored battery as i left it on low charge (not sure, been a while).

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by tso View Post
the boot is slower simply because this is a python app, so the system have to first load the interpreter...
I doubt that 15 seconds are needed to load the interpreter. Or is python so inefficient?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
iirc, yes it could very well be. but im no expert on the subject...

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
@412b

I've made debian source packages for advanced-power & advanced-power-monitor for the Mer project:
http://repository.mer.tspre.org/pool...dvanced-power/
http://repository.mer.tspre.org/pool...power-monitor/

If you have any plans to get it in extras, thought it may help. Also, I've made it use the proper method (well, I guess one clean method) of introducing new gconf keys to the system - a schema file. dh_gconf run as part of rules adds entries to postinst etc automatically which imports the schema file when installed.

advanced-power-monitor is basically like your original package except I get dh_installinit to add entries to the postinst which make the symlinks in rc2.d etc to start apmd up automatically instead of having raw symlinks in the package.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-01-23 at 18:14.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by prk60091 View Post
I have noticed an increase in posts about battery related issues in the past several weeks.

After pulling my remaining hairs trying everything including a reflash and putting no applications on the n810 and when my problems didnt go away I bit the bullet and bought a new battery.
my tablet started having issues when the battery was about 10 months old (or new)

since replacing it with an oem battery purchased on amazon i have not had a single issue. i bought my tablet end of november 2007-

just an idea to pursue....
Try run mplayer or media player or any av files, mine would battery would go belly up very soon.... How long can your NEW battery run, try leave it on WorldTV99, after a complete fresh charge up?
TIA,

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Try run mplayer or media player or any av files, mine would battery would go belly up very soon.... How long can your NEW battery run, try leave it on WorldTV99, after a complete fresh charge up?
TIA,

bun
i will let you know tomorrow- i will start it up when i get to work and see what happens

The Following User Says Thank You to prk60091 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Just for comparison, my battery that came with the unit is 9 months old, the backup (original nokia) 6, I don't swap that often (maybe once a week), and get a very similar performance from both, about 4 hours of mplayer video playback (with my admittedly re-encoded avis).

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
Good to know. I have my original battery (bought my n800 the day before they were released) and I generally play high quality videos or streaming audio at work. It will only play audio for a couple of hours, and if I try to download a file via the network from one of my shares, I will almost kill the battery for 500 MB download. So, perhaps time for a new battery. Granted this is all quite anecdotal, but I have noticed that "it sure isn't what it used to be".

The Following User Says Thank You to thorbo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by prk60091 View Post
i will let you know tomorrow- i will start it up when i get to work and see what happens
i got to work late this am (snow bad traffic etc) when i put my n810 on my desk at 9:30 (chicago time) according to advanced power applet i had 96% of battery left 7 hours active time and 10d idle

i connected via wifi to our new router (office now has wifi- yea!) and connected via WorldTV99 to CNN and i am letting it run after 42 minutes advanced power says: 71.5% battery 8d idle time and 2h active time.

i will check back later this am

The Following User Says Thank You to prk60091 For This Useful Post:

Tags
applet, battery, python, statusbar