Notices

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Might it be possible to have the Options and Settings menus follow the clip files? I'd like to have my standard clip file be the first item on the menu when I hit the status bar.

The Following User Says Thank You to lm2 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yukop4 View Post
hi when i try to install it says missing packages ---hildon desktop and python loader--where do or how do i get this

cheers ed
You can get those from Maemo Extras; Open X Terminal and type apt-get install <package name>. Where <package name> is the name of the package you need to install. See my first post in this thread for more details.

Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
Might it be possible to have the Options and Settings menus follow the clip files? I'd like to have my standard clip file be the first item on the menu when I hit the status bar.
Right now the program is not set up very well for changing that e.g. it is kind of hard coded in. I'm thinking of doing a bit of a rewrite to a lot of the code over the weekend, so maybe I'll add an option to do that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
still loving QC. One question: what would i enter under "view program" to use bundyo's tear browser?

thanks!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Probably something like this:
Code:
/usr/bin/dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.Tear /com/nokia/tear com.nokia.Tear.OpenAddress string:"file://%s"
If --print-reply is used for something, you can add it too. Btw, I think --print-reply automatically adds --type=method_call.

P.S. Minor correction - there should be file:// before the path.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2009-03-21 at 19:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
still loving QC. One question: what would i enter under "view program" to use bundyo's tear browser?

thanks!
Bundyo has got your answer: but I plan on adding a few examples to the help documentation (including Tear).

I haven't given up on this project! I'm still very much working on it. I plan on releasing a new version early next week that has a lot of new stuff, most notably a builtin viewer (instead of using the Browser).

Stay tuned!

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post

I haven't given up on this project! I'm still very much working on it. I plan on releasing a new version early next week that has a lot of new stuff, most notably a builtin viewer (instead of using the Browser).

Stay tuned!
Looking forward to it!

Thanks. It's prolly moot with new version coming (although i'd personally like to know how to fix it), but fyi: tear doesn't launch when choosing VIEW unless tear is already running.

Thanks. It's prolly moot with new version coming (although i'd personally like to know how to fix it), but fyi: tear doesn't launch when choosing VIEW unless tear is already running.
That *may* be an issue with Tear. I just tried opening Tear via DBus from the command line and nothing happened.

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yes, if Tear is not running it can't receive DBus messages. You can use a commandline startup to work around that.

Code:
/usr/bin/tear "file://%s"
this actually sends a message to itself if it is already running, if not - it starts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
announcement, python, quick clip, statusbar