Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
The response time on the remote control is unbearable if you compare it to slingbox. Is this a known problem in the hava box firmware?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
My HAVA all of a sudden cannot be connected

Err message: "your HAVA is either turned off or...."

It took me an hour to figure out. So if you have problems in remote connecting, try this first, it may save you some time

Hold the reset button of your HAVA box, which is located at the Left bottom corner, hold it down for 10 seconds and then let it go. This reset ALL your setup, you may want to copy down the password or code or whatnot if you cannot remember. Then fire up HAVA setting wizard and re-do your setup. That should reset your HAVA box and fix the remote connecting problem.

I was told HAVA 'changed' their server IP address since 1/25/09 and so NOBODY should be able to connect remotely. Anyhow, for some strange reason I was able to watch local/remote till last week.

Hope this helps someone.

BTW, the HAVA support is fantastic. The guy that helped me is also very knowledgable, for both the tablet AND the HAVA.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-04-02 at 03:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Thanks Bun !

But I have to reset so many times recently! HAVA server is the problem I know that but it's too cumbersome to reset all the time.

I gave up to watch it on the N8x0!

I just did it yesterday, so I am NOT quite sure about the stability. However, for the last 9 months I was using HAVA, I found it to be satisfactory. I cannot give up HAVA, as that is the ONLY thing that allows me to watch the March Madness when I am at work or away from home. Honestly, for $99 without monthly subscription, I am very happy with the buy. I think you just bought your system NOT too long ago, gave HAVA a call and see what they say, may be an exchange unit will help?

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Thanks Bun!

Actually I usually did a "normal" reset not a 10-sec "real" reset until last night after reading your post. So I have to wait and see if it's still OK after a couple days. So far my N8x0 has been able doing remote connecting.

Lately my ATT wireless DSL router has been keeping losing DSL connection and the receiving rate has been not that great. So maybe it is totally the HAVA box's fault.

BTW, I wish the N8x0 can do local connecting just like the PC!

Anyone having Nokia N810 issues after the latest firmware / software upgrade. Everything has worked perfectly until I did a reinstallation of the hava software and my scientific atlanta 8300 dvr codes (C1877 and C1878 ) are all screwed up causing the Nokia N810 to either have a channel change issue C1877 ( pressing any channel number pulls up the DVR list ) or with C1878 adds a 4 to any channel I press ( 20 becomes 204 ). These issues only happened after a fresh install of the newest software downloaded from Hava. Just trying to find out if I'm the only one with these problems?

Thanks

Since installing the latest Hava player on my N800 i keep losing connection with my Hava when connected locally. Happens every couple of minutes, didn't used to happen untill I installed the latest player. My Hava still works ok wsith my laptop. Have also tried rebooting my Hava but has made no difference.

Originally Posted by callanish View Post
Anyone having Nokia N810 issues after the latest firmware / software upgrade. Everything has worked perfectly until I did a reinstallation of the hava software and my scientific atlanta 8300 dvr codes (C1877 and C1878 ) are all screwed up causing the Nokia N810 to either have a channel change issue C1877 ( pressing any channel number pulls up the DVR list ) or with C1878 adds a 4 to any channel I press ( 20 becomes 204 ). These issues only happened after a fresh install of the newest software downloaded from Hava. Just trying to find out if I'm the only one with these problems?

Thanks
It happened to me briefly and I 're-calibrated' or re-typed the correct receiver, problems resolved. After upgrade, you have to reset the box. Turning it on and off is not doing it, you have to hold the reset key for 10 seconds and release and then proceed as if 1st installation. Good to see you still around :-)

@Darrennewman: No dropping issue over an hour watching basketball, except my team cannot drop a basket, S***.

Hava platinum Version 1.8.1.11 (on running it said 1.8.1.36)
Firmware 270.322-32
Hava Player on Nokia N800 1.1.0.61

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-05-11 at 12:27.

Solved it. One of the posters on the Hava forum laid out a step by step procedure to restore the firmware to an older version. Must have missed a step last time. Hava does have a problem on its hands. Anything past 1.8.0.11 (Nov 2008 software and firmware ) creates a remote code problem for the SA 8300 and the Nokia hava player and possibly other cable boxes, etc. Reverting back to the older software and firmware solves the problem.

http://www.myhava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2647

http://www.myhava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2783

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
It happened to me briefly and I 're-calibrated' or re-typed the correct receiver, problems resolved. After upgrade, you have to reset the box. Turning it on and off is not doing it, you have to hold the reset key for 10 seconds and release and then proceed as if 1st installation. Good to see you still around :-)

bun
Hi bunanson,

Thanks for the input. Haven't really had any problems up to this point but after upgrading to the latest software/firmware I've had nothing but problems. Spent the better part of the day yesterday trying to solve it, but the Scientific Atlanta remote codes available (C1877 and C1878 ) create problems for the hava player on the N810.

I've done a complete reinstall, reset the hava box, reinstalled the firmware, but the remote codes for the Scientific Atlanta 8300 dvr have changed on the virtual remote causing the problems with the N810. Quick question, do you have the Scientific Atlanta 8300 DVR or some other cable box because there's a few on the Hava forums with the same problem using the SA 8300.

Basically, the code changes on the S.A virtual remote have moved. For example the C1877 code previously used menu to pull up the DVR list, now the settings button does that. The yellow A button brings up on demand, the B button does nothing, the C button is now A and the exit and settings button are grayed out. What this does for the N810 hava player is pressing any number to change channel only pulls up the DVR list and the enter button brings up the DVR recorded list. I used to use PPV wink to bring up that list

C1878 on the Hava PC player settings = list, A= on demand, B does nothing and C=A. This affects the Nokia hava player with adding a 4 to everytime a number is pressed to change channel ( 20 becomes 204). Vid6=DVR recorded list.

It wouldn't bother me so much if I could use IR learning mode, but the Hava Titanium HD wi-fi version doesn't allow me to do that. The biggest problem for me is that with either scientific atlanta codes, it screws up the Nokia hava player with either not being able to change channels without the DVR list keep popping up or it adds a 4 to the end of every channel I go to. It makes the Nokia hava player unusable. I've left various posts on the hava forum in hopes that someone at hava will see it and look into it.

As of this point, I've tried putting an older firmware on the hava box, resetting it, reinstalling older software, but the SA remote codes still are screwed up. I've installed the software on two vista laptops and one windows 7 rc laptop each time resetting the hava box and starting from scratch, but nothing works.

The only thing that has changed was the last hava firmware and software upgrade and it's the reason I'm in this position. I'll need to fiddle about with it on the weekend and see if I'm missing something. I thought replacing the firmware with an older one, resetting the box and installing an old 1.80.11 version of the software would bring me back to square one allowing the remote codes to work the way they should, but unfortunately no.

Any further advice would be appreciated because at this point I'm scratching my head.

Last edited by callanish; 2009-05-13 at 03:33.

Hello All,
Just picked up a Hava Titanium HD WiFi from my local Best Buy ($110). Looks like BB has got Hava on clearance. (It was too cheap to pass up).
Anyways.... Spent a couple hours last night connecting the Hava.
First, All Software / Firmware updates = successful.
Next, Connected to a local laptop. = successful.
Next, Installed most recent application into my N800 = successful, however I was unable to connect to the Hava Error message was:
"Could not connect to Central Server .... [blah blah]"

Today, I see this from post #225 : "BTW, I wish the N8x0 can do local connecting just like the PC! "

My questions.
Is this true, the N8x0 Hava App. is only limited to remote connections ?
Does anyone know a work-around ?
Can you share your success stories ?

Any help appreciated.
Many thanks in advance !
Speedy

Tags
hava, video hava