Notices

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Queens, New York
never been able to navigate imdb.com for more than about 10 seconds until browser completely locks up, usually requiring reboot.

nokia n810 latest maemo with default microbrowser.

comments?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by DanielT View Post
never been able to navigate imdb.com for more than about 10 seconds until browser completely locks up, usually requiring reboot.
Are there specific pages that cause the problem? I haven't found any trouble spots.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Works well enough in Tear. If you haven't tried Tear yet because it looked hard to install, now is a great time to give it a shot. Instructions to install are up on the wiki now:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Tear
Aside: Many thanks to the person (people?) who did that nice wiki page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Yup, use tear. Nonetheless, I keep this as a bookmark for IMDb (and a similar one for Amazon) since their homepages are so demanding:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=f&oq=&aqi=g10

(It would be better to make a page like my signature's Newbie link, but I haven't made the effort.)

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Loads in 2 seconds, what is the problem?

Just switch off Jscript, what you should do anyway.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Queens, New York
Well, Tear looks ok not amazing... still in development and I can't block popups (or can I?). The built-in mini-mozilla has adblock add-on and I love that, especially because IMDB tries again and again to shove popups up my ***.

As for Tear - any way to get the "Web" link on the launcher bar to launch tear so I can try it out for a while like that? O/w of course I can just launch it from my launcher menu but just wondering if that's possible.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
As for Tear - any way to get the "Web" link on the launcher bar to launch tear so I can try it out for a while like that?
Just install 'Tear Bookmarks' and enable it in control panel>panels.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
and to stop ads, use a hosts file

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)