Notices

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
BTW just as an update I did make a new version of the clock that has the Nixie screen built in as well, but the extras-assistant keeps failing to accept my file (not sure if it's just being stupid or what), but if anyone's interested let me know and I'll post up the source tarball on the garage page for you.
Is that version available for download?
Also, I keep having the issue about not being able to set an alarm for Sundays when I am on a Saturday. Weird.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Unfortuantely python doesn't have any way to run code when app is closed through the "X", so flip doesn't get a chance to restore your display settings.
Have you tried using gtk.quit_add()?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Another alternative is to use signals:

signal.signal(signal.SIGTERM, handlerfunc)

(not sure it's sigterm but there should be something along those lines)
http://docs.python.org/library/signal.html

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Is that version available for download?
The version with the Nixie screen is now up in Extras and should appear as an update for flipclock. I did not have a chance to get the extra signal handling code in there, as my focus is now on the new C-based version of the app rather than on the current python-driven one.

Not sure about the setting alarm for sunday when it's saturday thing, I'll try to check it out myself at some point as it sounds like a minor bug that probably won't be too hard to fix if I can figure out what's causing it.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I just downloaded the update from the app manager.
After that i could not run the app from my tablet.
I rebooted and still the same.
I then uninstalled it and reinstalled from the app manager but now the install fails with a 'corrupted installation file' message.

Help I really do like this application and use it every night.

EDIT: I tried installing again and this time it said it installed sucessfully...but the flipclock app is nowhere to be found.
I had it both in personal menu as well as in personal launcher but those icons now does nothing.
I deleted it from those apps and when trying to add it back the flipclock app is not listed as an available app...
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2009-08-06 at 19:01.

Yeah, I don't think the icon is there anymore...

When I try to start it from the terminal with the command "flipclock" it reports "open loadopt file: Permission denied"

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

It looks like package 0.2.4 is not correctly build, the files are not all under /usr (e.g. /usr/lib, /usr/bin, /usr/share) but all in the / directory (/lib , /share, /bin). Maybe someone could build a new deb?
If the files are at the correct location flipclock works but if I open the "second" settings screen (the one without the alarmsettings) I get an exception.
Let's see if flipclock still wakes me up tomorrow morning ... :-)
Edit: Yeah, that still worked, but now after closing flipclock the screen of my N800 still only dims and doesn't turn off. Hopefully that's because of the file-mixup and is solved in the next .deb.

Last edited by Nikem; 2009-08-07 at 09:05.

Eww, hopefully the fix will remove the /lib, /share/ and /bin directories (they aren't suppose to be in / right?)

Edit: Oops some of those folders are suppose to be there. But yeah, I wonder if I should just remove the misplaced files myself..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-08-07 at 04:31.

wouldnt an uninstall delete all those file?
i hope so, that way i can do an uninstall of this erroneous one...and do a fresh install once the deb is fixed

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
I had all kinds of oddness getting the autobuilder to take the latest version, so my bet is that something got goofed along the way, but i'll do my best to get it cleared up and updated again tomorrow for everyone! sorry about the mixup!

Tags
clock, flip clock