Active Topics

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I respectfully suggest there is no stock to ship yet and during the first week of November, a legion of brain-dead iPhone users will be directed to box the N900's up for shipping.

Joking about the second part. Kind of.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-10-28 at 00:26. Reason: beer

At this rate, by the time the n900 comes out, Apple would have released their iPhone that now does multi-tasking haha.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden, Stockholm
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
At this rate, by the time the n900 comes out, Apple would have released their iPhone that now does multi-tasking haha.
and is based on maemo 6 hahahah

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Why do I feel like these ads are portraying the N900 user as a loser? I don't see the positive spin of these ads.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Why do I feel like these ads are portraying the N900 user as a loser? I don't see the positive spin of these ads.
Yeah that's the theme I get as well. The idea seems to be "Even if you're a complete ***** the N900 will save your ***".

That said I am a ***** in many ways and having a decent phone (GPS, calendar etc) has saved my *** many times

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
God, could you ask this guy if the shipment reports are ever wrong. cause i bet they are sometimes

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
you created adam and eve, sun, sky, earth etc, creating a thread should go just fine.

certainly hope you are right about the shipping

The Following User Says Thank You to r0eladn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by r0eladn View Post
you created adam and eve, sun, sky, earth etc, creating a thread should go just fine.

certainly hope you are right about the shipping
You made my day

@God: On the top of the page is a Start a new thread Button in a nice orange setting. Feel free to press it

On topic: I hope they ship it to all countries the same time. Can't stand waiting any longer and in the neighbor-country they enjoying playing arround with this device

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by rewt View Post
I just got off of the phone with Nokia USA... "official" word from the order-status-checker-guy is that the target is still mid-November, although it is very possible they will ship sooner. The reason given for the delay was lack of stock to fulfill all pre-orders at once.
When has any device EVER been delayed simply because the pre-orders are greater than the expected stock level?

I am fairly sure nobody would ever bother delaying for that reason because there is no logic to delaying everyones devices just so that everyone gets it at the same time. For a start, that is the point of saying "in selected markets", so if it gets delayed more in one region than another you can say "we did warn you".

I think it was pretty obvious, even before the recent post confirming it, that the delay is for bug fixing. No company in their right mind would delay a product purely to let the warehouse fill with them, all the while losing money because nobody has paid for one yet.

I'm a bit confused about the official videos about the youtube playback.
There's only one video showing it playing smooth and in the other videos they start playing the videos, stopping them "Oh connection problems - doesn't load here correct and more" and not showing it

I'll wait for this device - better not failing at this otherwise I feel very sad cause if youtube and flash doesn't work smooth I just could get any other smartphone with a keyboard.

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange