Active Topics

To quote Terrance & Philip, "what's the big f*ing deal, guy?"

I have a BOA Mastercard, made an order on Nokiausa, got a suspicious activity email 5 minutes later, called my bank, hits some digits for yes/no, everything went through, and its all good.

I feel bad for the people that are getting flags from their CC companies. I'd be frantic if I couldn't get my n900. I'd throw a hissy fit, throw a lamp, hit my b*ch up, and threaten to sue.

But... think about, isn't it better that no one stole $600 usd from you, rather than your CC flagging a suspicious charge. Besides, its not like you're gonna get the phone any faster or have a chance in hell of taking Nokia to court, let alone get the phone faster.

But, good luck boys and girls.

If it was up to me which it is not I am in the middle of a class action but I think that I would want to visit with the atty first to have some leverage.. and make sure it would be actionable. Which to me sounds like it could be but I would not know for sure I am not an atty.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
If someone inside Nokia can provide evidence of foul play things can get ugly, but it would be much $appreciated.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by dgeros View Post
To quote Terrance & Philip, "what's the big f*ing deal, guy?"

I have a BOA Mastercard, made an order on Nokiausa, got a suspicious activity email 5 minutes later, called my bank, hits some digits for yes/no, everything went through, and its all good.

I feel bad for the people that are getting flags from their CC companies. I'd be frantic if I couldn't get my n900. I'd throw a hissy fit, throw a lamp, hit my b*ch up, and threaten to sue.

But... think about, isn't it better that no one stole $600 usd from you, rather than your CC flagging a suspicious charge. Besides, its not like you're gonna get the phone any faster or have a chance in hell of taking Nokia to court, let alone get the phone faster.

But, good luck boys and girls.
If everything was so easy and simple as you say - trust me - we would not have such a thread here.
I thought the same before I tried to place an order using PayPal and another bank. I used to do a lot of shopping using same cards and no problem until I hit Nokia.
It's not that we are going to make money or get phone faster - no.
But hopefully we can do something that Nokia will improve their attitude toward customers.

Ummm follow the money.......

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
You probably won't get any money, in the end "affected" parties may end up getting an ovi gift certificate or something. If you're getting double charged I'm assuming you've already initiated chargeback proceedings with your bank

I'm not sure why people think Nokia is to blame. Every time I've made big purchases online with a CC, I had to verify with my CC or bank.
(2 laptops, 1 desktop, lcdtv, n900, etc)

Until the latest purchase (n900) with my new CC, I've gotten a phone call within 10 minutes asking me verify the purchase. This time I got an email within 5 minutes.

I've never had this problem with instore purchases. Rather, the problem has to do with my CC company/bank not the store/seller.

The purchase is flagged is suspicious and Nokia's system puts it on hold. Whatever happens after is automated to prevent fraud, double charges, etc.

Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
You probably won't get any money, in the end "affected" parties may end up getting an ovi gift certificate or something. If you're getting double charged I'm assuming you've already initiated chargeback proceedings with your bank
Yes, I did initiate that procedure with both banks. I will get money back - no doubt.
Realistically, I do not expect any huge profit from this case, if I can make any.
But I do want to collect as much as I can information and submit that to Nokia, probably couple friends I know who practice law.
If we do nothing then nothing will happen. Or same crap with Nokia will happen again.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
If we do nothing then nothing will happen. Or same crap with Nokia will happen again.
This is exactly the reason I am willing to be on board with this. I don't expect money nor do I "need" it. The point is that Nokia goes "Oh. . . I guess they really are pissed".

I don't think Nokia fully understands how much of an impact this has had on it's customers.

Wish mine was that easy, all 5 transaction methods I used which Nokia said it was "denied" my bank stated "Nope, nothing on our end the charge has been approved by our end without any issues".

My guess is they have a screw up in the new system act codes which are used to communicate with the banks. I have programmed in the past for this kind of stuff plus I know a ex McSports person who did the same thing. Needless to say it's easy to screw up ordering systems.

Last edited by Bijiont; 2009-12-02 at 03:29.

Originally Posted by Bijiont View Post
This is exactly the reason I am willing to be on board with this. I don't expect money nor do I "need" it. The point is that Nokia goes "Oh. . . I guess they really are pissed".

I don't think Nokia fully understands how much of an impact this has had on it's customers.

Wish mine was that easy, all 5 transaction methods I used which Nokia said it was "denied" my bank stated "Nope, nothing on our end the charge has been approved by our end without any issues".

My guess is they have a screw up in the new system act codes which are used to communicate with the banks. I have programmed in the past for this kind of stuff plus I know a ex McSports person who did the same thing. Needless to say it's say it's easy to screw up ordering systems.
Well said! I have the same motives to continue this thread and any action related.

Tags
sue the f*ckers!