Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
I am a bit bored of people accusing other people of some behaviour while they show the same behaviour.

Don't feed the trolls.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Wow.

I know I disagree with a lot of this community, I do however show it respect. I think coming out and stating that the forum is full of egotistical, et al types is definitely not putting your best foot forward.

Anyplace you can hit up the actual devs of the platform and/or application and make minor requests and interact with them directly and outside the confines of e-mail and/or Twitter, I really like that.

Instead of seeing things as a bunch of egos, search more first. Read more, try more. I've had a N810 since day one... a 770 pretty early on. And I basically rely on this community to help me through any parts that I might not know or need help with.

You will do well by centralizing the iPhone discussions - sorry, but I'm also active in the iPhone areas, they're not that friendly either once you step outside of their realm usually - and really start to ask questions with the intent of learning and not criticizing. You'll go further that way.

Good luck.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
who cares about the iPhone here??? I'd be there and not here if I did so not that bothered how they behave.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by nwerneck View Post
This planet is full of ignorant and impolite people.
Like Capt'n Corrupt, I'll risk opprobrium by saying that there are also intelligent and impolite people and some of them can be found on this forum. There is nothing wrong with wishing a noob had searched for an answer before posting but there is a lot wrong with only telling him to search. If you don't want to answer questions, that is fine. But refrain from posting, in effect, "I know but I won't tell you." And whatever you do, don't tell a noob with a problem that they should buy an iPhone - Apple doesn't deserve the business and the noob doesn't deserve the grief.

I don't follow the iPhone forums but I do dip into Android at times. There, I have seen more posts condemning rude responses to noobs than I have seen posts which are rude responses to noobs. The same cannot always be said for us.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveP1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
This forum needs some moderators.

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lacedaemon For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I dunno.. I propose a trial:

Go to the iPhone forum and make a post exactly like this (or just rant and rave how shitty the iPhone is).

We'll come back in three days and see which thread remains more civil. Although... I don't see this one ending up very well, personally... *ducks from the flying stones*
Here you go: http://forum.iphoneworld.ca/iphone-3...html#post99854

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
Check your last sentence there. Fail.

Just....... wow.

Oh well... my curiosity is most certainly going to be satisfied now... that may be the only iPhone thread I ever read.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
It's really miserable that you don't know what to do with your time and keep posting useless flamebaits.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:

Tags
fatalsaint is funny, known troll, self-fulfilling prophecy