Active Topics

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I think your categorization layout is one solution. To me the others are independent. We learn more about what people want from voting on them independently. Also, let's say I liked one of your ideas and not another -- if they were combined, how would I vote?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Also, I'd like Roger to be able to look at the various solutions and say, "Yeah, I can easily do A and L but the others, hmm, I don't know," and then just go do A and L, so long as A and L aren't inherently dependent on the others.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Well I made the solutions. Feel free to vote for them up or down... I would like feedback if you vote down, though. But that's merely a request.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

I just have to say.. it does not surprise me to see all three of my new solutions "Thumbed Down".. and yet, no more posts in here .

just bumping up the link for voting:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...sign_for_2010/

The Following User Says Thank You to wesgreen For This Useful Post:
Yup, my two each have one Thumbs-Down now, also; and I, too, would really like to know why. Frankly, I can't imagine why anybody would vote down Solution #1. For Solution #3, it's at least comprehensible to me that someone might prefer a different solution and therefor stick it to that one. But Solution #1? I can't see any reason anyone would vote it down except out of a sort of spite akin to the spirit of vandalism.

So whoever you are, I, too, would like to hear from you as to why.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I really, really hope it isn't spite. But yeah, in all seriousness, I wish people would explain their votes either way.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Well, my two solutions to help alleviate this type of thing - haven't been very well received. They quickly received the same "1 down" vote.

Oh well.. life goes on. I ignore votes from people who are, evidently, ashamed of their vote.

Whats next Tex? Do we just let the brainstorm sit there for all eternity? Is there a magical number of "plus" votes we need to achieve? Whats kind of.. "the process".. type of thing.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I've refrained from voting, and tried to stay out of this thread, because as a n900b I'm part of the problem. But I do desperately want a solution. T.m.o. has to be big enough for all of us. Please, please find the solution that will suit the tablet-users best, and implement it.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I've refrained from voting, and tried to stay out of this thread, because as a n900b I'm part of the problem. But I do desperately want a solution. T.m.o. has to be big enough for all of us. Please, please find the solution that will suit the tablet-users best, and implement it.
...and the point of that post was....?

Just curious.

Tags
forum, rules, threads