Active Topics

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
My guess is it's the blue plastic you can see around the edge of the slider. If you have a steady hand, you could try tape / marker pen over that (with the cover off :-) ) then replace the back cover and try again ?

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
The biggest culprit is the blue thingy part of the slider.

Matte paint makes things worse. Matte means it will disperse light, not necessarily absorb it. And if parts of the dispersed light go towards the lens, we're back at square one (and that is exactly what is happening with the blue slider).

So, the best solution (paradoxically) is to make it as reflective as possible but AT AN ANGLE so the light is never reflected BACK. If the blue slider would have been a mirror (or even metallic), there would be no haze (as the light would bounce sideways, not back onto the sensor).
White tape / paint ?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Black is more practical as it absorbs more light, but the point is it has to be super GLOSSY (=mirror) and NOT matte. Markers and tapes I ran across are just not glossy enough.

The problem with the chrome imitation is also that it does not go straight down into the backplate, but has an inward edge which reflects some light (if it was an upside-down U, it would not contribute to the haze, but it's more like a G to allow the slider to slide).

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
@DaveQB: I wrapped both indeed, I mean both external and internal side, since the tape turns inside around the bezel.

Thanks. I am going to try that. hopefully it solves it. So far the tiny bit of tape in the corner has come off in everyday use. How is yours going??

The Following User Says Thank You to DaveQB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by DaveQB View Post
Thanks. I am going to try that. hopefully it solves it. So far the tiny bit of tape in the corner has come off in everyday use. How is yours going??
OMG it was trying to escape! Thanks, I pushed it again strongly

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Finland
My experience is that very often if there is grease / dust in the glass covering the lens, this does reflect the flash and creates flare. Wiping it clean with a piece of smooth cotton cloth (your shirt for example) usually helps a lot.

I think it's flash that is causing the bluish tint with or without the case cover. I took several pictures without the case cover. When it didn't flash the pictures came out nice but when it flash I get a bluish tint especially along the edge (like instead of grayish shadow/shade I get bluish shade.

I hope this problem can be fix with software update. What's causing the flash to make it bluish?

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
well im a little bit worried as ive ordered a n900 due to my n97 white rebooting too many times and it has a faulty camera lens cover that scratched the lens and made photos taken with the flash give a white haze in photos, i cant get it repaired as i changed the product code to get v2.0 fw, had no choice as phone was stuck on v1.1 and was unusable even after 1.2 and 2.0 had both been released!

trouble is im seeing too many reports of n900 rebooting for no apparent reason, and the chrome camera lens trim on the n900 reportedly causing flash glare problems on photos too, and all this after i was so angry that i vowed to never give nokia my money again, i must be mad!

I have the same thing! Even the lower image is very poor compared to my friends' Nokia 6267! The 6267 produces professional looking images at any light condition compared to the N900.

What gives? Should I open a bug about that?

Tags
don't forget to thank, haze, image quality, lack of quality control, n900, photo quality, photograph quality, photographs, photography, photos, remove backplate