Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
That proves how much you understand about programming. So you really shouldn't be talking about stuff you don't understand.

You probably think it requires an army of programmers to make a game. Well, they probably made bounce revolution in 2-3 days.
You are right - I don't understand code at all. I am only a programmer for a fortune 50 company. I wrote 6 apps for Android Market. I have written countless others for myself and friends. But you are right - I know nothing about coding.

I am sure bounce revolution was something they knocked out in an hour or so.

With your vast knowledge of coding I shouldn't be surprised to see your first game in the repositories before the EOD tomorrow. What will it be about? Can you share that?

Oh and battlegeweled has been in the repos for weeks so it WAS out when you posted - you just didn't bother to find it.

As for us being mean? The stupid should not be rewarded - they should be bludgeoned round the head until they get some sense knocked into them, or learn the value of shutting the hell up.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Last edited by Bratag; 2010-01-05 at 14:46.

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
You are right - I don't understand code at all. I am only a programmer for a fortune 50 company. I wrote 6 apps for Android Market. I have written countless others for myself and friends. But you are right - I know nothing about coding.

I am sure bounce revolution was something they knocked out in an hour or so.

With your vast knowledge of coding I shouldn't be surprised to see your first game in the repositories before the EOD tomorrow. What will it be about? Can you share that?
Yes and I'm Bill Gates. I made a game in 6 months and I didnt even study programming. So I'm thinking a pro should do it in 6 days max.

And I don't count games with risks to brick your phone games. I'm talking about http://maemo.org/downloads/

Last edited by Tiptronic; 2010-01-05 at 14:48.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
Tiptronic, I'm sure there are many PRO programmers that come to this topic to confirm your 2-3 days to make a good game theory. We just have to wait, as I'm sure you are totally right. Everyone that says that 2-3 days for a game is not enough, can't possibly know anything about programming or games development.

Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
Yes and I'm Bill Gates. I made a game in 6 months and I didnt even study programming. So I'm thinking a pro should do it in 6 days max.

And I don't count games with risks to brick your phone games. I'm talking about http://maemo.org/downloads/
My suggestion, given what is obviously the most important thing to you. Sell your N900 and join the rest of the drones and get an iPhone and you can have shiny shiny games all day long without any actual though process being required. As an added bonus we will be rid of yet another whining idiot with no more idea about what it takes to write code than a fish has for riding a bicycle.

2-3 days for a well-written and decent 3D game???.....

Wow. You sound like a Project Manager.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by juahan View Post
Tiptronic, I'm sure there are many PRO programmers that come to this topic to confirm your 2-3 days to make a good game theory. We just have to wait, as I'm sure you are totally right. Everyone that says that 2-3 days for a game is not enough, can't possibly know anything about programming or games development.
I'm not saying 2-3 days to make a good game, I'm talking about the demo game. It easy to take words out of context and misunderstand.

And the thing is, the phone was anounced 2009, August. So the 'no time' excuse doesnt make sense.

Once again on topic, My point is NOKIA SHOULD MAKE SOME GAMES ITSELF. if you continue to misunderstand, its not my fault.

Last edited by Tiptronic; 2010-01-05 at 14:56.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Well the thing is that Nokia is not a game developer. And they are a large company. It's a shame, but they actually have a lot of other concerns than creating a nice 3d game for n900. There comes the community and Ovi Store to fill the gap. The problem is that Ovi Store is not yet open. "No time" is an acceptable excuse as you can see that there are other areas that should be taken care of and the n900 is not specifically a gaming platform. No resources is perhaps a better way to say it.

Well finally a reasonable reply. My reason for this topic is because N900 should be an iphone killer. but surely at this speed, it will be more like a nokia killer, because this 'supersmartphone' market is growing extremely fast. And for sure, you cant show off a phone's power if all you can show is a little demo game (and a couple of 90's games).

Last edited by Tiptronic; 2010-01-05 at 15:05.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
2-3 days for a well-written and decent 3D game???.....

Wow. You sound like a Project Manager.
Bingo. You want space/time manipulation by Friday. Sure we can do that no problem .... hey you Dev - do this space time manifoldulationy thingy by Friday, and don't bill any time code for it, there is no money in the budget.

OP obviously missed his called - he should be a PM

And NO the N900 SHOULDN'T be an iPhone killer - not purely because it was never designed to be even remotely an iPhone killer (which, by the way, should be phrase that when used earns the user a punch directly to the genitals. Most overused/misused catch phrase of the last several years.).

Last edited by Bratag; 2010-01-05 at 15:06.

easy easy people, where is the love, ey lads?

But just to add my two cents, isn't it better for nokia to stick to what they are really good at? ( ie phones, telecom etc)

You wouldn't ask IBM to make a washing machine, just because they can hire a few guys with the know-how doesn't mean they should leave it up to pro teams ( think game companies and freelance game design studios etc).

but let's be honest, 2-3 days for a decent game (demo or not)? A basic version of Pong with some flashed up 2,5D graphics , maybe, but beyond that ... seriously mate?

BTW haven't heard about anyone that has bricked their phone while installing Quake or Duke Nukem. ( aren't they in the extras reps already?) Ohh and keep in mind that the phone has been out for barely a month and a half, give the community and the developers a chance ey ?

But let's keep the flaming to a minimum ey lads, different opinions and different flavours and all that?

Last edited by DeboX; 2010-01-05 at 15:09.