Originally Posted by Zhentar View Post
1. One of my folders has a "/" in its name. Modest does not like this.
If it's only a Modest issue, but the folder is otherwise synced, there's an app called MfEfolders (in extras-devel) which can locally rename the synched folders.

Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
I know it's a dumb question, but i'm curious if there's a way to stop it from giving notifications for my Exchange account's junk e-mail folder.
MfEfolders can enable/disable synching on a folder by folder basis, just disable your junk folder's synching.

Originally Posted by xwint3rxmut3x View Post
I have several folder decidated to automated responses that show up on the system. I work in a pretty large office and would love it if my phone didn't alert me everytime someone locked themselves out
Please see above, but if you disable a folder, it will completely dissapear from Modest too.
MfEfolders - Enable/disable MfE sync on a folder by folder basis; locally rename mail folders

Last edited by THavoc; 2010-01-05 at 23:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to THavoc For This Useful Post:
I'm going to reply to my own post about VPNC and MFE, apparently If you break the "always on" connection, and THEN connect to VPNC, once you turn MFE back to "always on" it works fine. Booyah, success!

Originally Posted by THavoc View Post
If it's only a Modest issue, but the folder is otherwise synced, there's an app called MfEfolders (in extras-devel) which can locally rename the synched folders.
Well, it wasn't syncing, but it's looking like that's my IT department's fault and MfE is working just fine. I fixed the folder by manually loading the database in sqlite and updating the folder name. Thanks for your python script though, since it's how I knew where to look.

Originally Posted by THavoc View Post

MfEfolders can enable/disable synching on a folder by folder basis, just disable your junk folder's synching.

Please see above, but if you disable a folder, it will completely dissapear from Modest too.
MfEfolders works great, thanks for the tip! hopefully the functionality will be built in soon but until then this works quite admirably.

Hi Guys,
Can't get this working.
Have Exchange 2007 w sp2 on Server 2008 64bit.
Connection requires SSL on port 8443
Works fine on N95 & N97
When I set up the N900 I get the following error

Error. Either exchange requires a secure connection or the account is disabled

The secured connection checkbox is ticked and the port set correctly & the account is abvioulsy not disabled.

Grr

Forgot to mention, we use self sign certs which seem to have been imported correctly on the N900. (Dropped the certs in a N900 folder and double clicked them to install)

Last edited by djmarkm; 2010-01-06 at 12:51. Reason: adding missing details

Originally Posted by labra View Post
Hi!

Now I managed to solve this. I added the cert to the certificate store. By going though the /home/user/ directory I found out that these certificates are put to /home/user/.maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/ -directory. The /home/user/.activesync/certs/ -directory does not have any symlinks to there. I manually symlinked the imported certificate from the .maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/ -directory to the activesync's directory, and it works!

(though it shouldn't be this hard)...

BR, Lari
Any chance of including some instructions on how to do this for those of us not up to speed with Linux?

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Zhentar View Post
2. Desktop widget???? My E51 only showed the two most recent e-mails, which wasn't great, but at least that made it easy to see if I had new messages.
3. So I click the @, and I'm shown "Mail For Exchange", and I have to select that every time, even though it's my only account. That might be slightly useful, if it didn't think when it was last updated was more important to tell me than if there are new/unread messages (Hint: it's not).
The desktop widget - oh yes - how I'm missing this from the Symbian MfE implementation... just realizied a while ago how usefull this has been!

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by djmarkm View Post
Any chance of including some instructions on how to do this for those of us not up to speed with Linux?
This bug is fixed in the update coming in near future, so the easiest thing is just to wait. But if you want to try out, 1st install rootsh to enable root shell, then open applications --> more --> x terminal
type:

Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /home/user/.activesync/certs/
ln -s /home/user/.maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/* .
that should do the trick

Last edited by labra; 2010-01-06 at 18:34. Reason: added sudo gainroot

The Following User Says Thank You to labra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by labra View Post
This bug is fixed in the update coming in near future, so the easiest thing is just to wait. But if you want to try out, open applications --> more --> x terminal
type:

Code:
cd /home/user/.activesync/certs/
ln -s /home/user/.maemosec-certs/ssl-ca/* .
that should do the trick
Cheers for the post.

Been a long time since I worked in Unix/Linux. Would never have remembered that

Was hoping this would fix my ""Exchange server equires secured connection or account is disabled" problem but alas no.

when I ran the ln command I had a few errors (2 permission denieds / file already exists)

Am most disapointed. Can't really swap to my N900 from my N97 until I get Exchange working

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ England, UK
Originally Posted by djmarkm View Post
Forgot to mention, we use self sign certs which seem to have been imported correctly on the N900. (Dropped the certs in a N900 folder and double clicked them to install)
To check it is installed correctly open the Settings, then Certificate Manager and it should be in the list. If not you might have a certificate with no CA or its signed by an untrusted CA.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!