Notices

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Index works, but is pretty cramped on this screen. Text select works but doesn't actually copy anything it appears. There's no bookmark or page memory, but i might be interested in adding something like that.

How would you envision the double-tap zoom working? The way it works in the browser is sort of the equivalent of "fit to width" for pdf.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
No, my requirements are much more basic: rotation; fit to width, and lightweight. Turns out search and a few other goodies come with it. Have you considered using some free tools to automatically chop up, merge &tc your files to make them suitable for mobile device use? I suspect you'll have a long wait for a program that meets all those criteria...
not an option. i have a fairly large collection of pdf books, most with a couple of hundred pages each, heavy on images. just wouldn't be practical chopping them up.

why do you think it will be difficult to implement all those features? there are numerous iphone apps that provide this functionality - is coding it such a challenge?

How would you envision the double-tap zoom working? The way it works in the browser is sort of the equivalent of "fit to width" for pdf.
the exact same way it works in the browser. many of my ebook pages consist of two columns of text + images. a double tap would zoom in the desired column to fit the width, same for images.

The Following User Says Thank You to koroviov For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
Couldn't agree more with all that's being said here. Coming from the iPhone platfform which has a magnificent (and free) eBook reader called Stanza and encountering the N900 PDF reader makes for a painful experience.

Might be worthwhile voting for the related "bugs" below which already have a fair few votes - more can only be better...

761 Please add support for 'fit visible' option to PDF reader
2150 PDF Reader doesn't support internal document hyperlinks
5921 Provide portrait mode for the PDF reader application
5923 Add PDF index support
Thanks, I voted on applicable bugs.

As a former n800 user, I would like to add:
5925 Add open recent in PDF viewer
On the n800, I used to use the 'recent' feature a lot. Now, if I want to have my pdfs properly organized in folders and subfolders, I have to go through many clicks every time I want to open a pdf.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iKneaDough For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
[list][*]Not hildonized[list]
If you're willing to sift through my pile-o'-craziness, I have a version that is in Diablo's Extras-devel that is mostly Hildonized and with maemo-launcher support.

Its speed is unlikely to be improved - using a newer Poppler with optimisations enabled didn't yield much of an increase - if at all anything - in terms of speed.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: