Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
hi newbie here, how to "Copy this file to the root directory of your memory card."? I couldn't locate the root directory

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by wongjemi85 View Post
hi newbie here, how to "Copy this file to the root directory of your memory card."? I couldn't locate the root directory
First of all, do you know what a "root" directory is? Another name for "root directory" is "top" directory. If your memory card has no folders, everything stored on it is in the root directory. If it has folders, what's stored in those folders is stored in sub-folders or sub-directories. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2010-01-12 at 17:21.

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
First of all, do you know what a "root" directory is? Another name for "root directory" is "top" directory. If your memory card has no folders, everything stored on it is in the root directory. If it has folders, what's stored in those folders is stored in sub-folders or sub-directories. Hope this helps.
is memory card refer to microsd or the internal drive (mydocs) of n900?

is memory card refer to microsd or the internal drive (mydocs) of n900?
"Memory card" is the removable micro sd card. Your internal memory is sometimes refered to as "internal flash" memory.

The N800 has two SD sockets so that it has internal flash, internal SD and external SD.

if i don't use microsd, how to place the deb file and the games\stratagus\ to the internal flash? I have installed rootsh

The Following User Says Thank You to wongjemi85 For This Useful Post:
if i don't use microsd, how to place the deb file and the games\stratagus\ to the internal flash? I have installed rootsh
I am assuming that you are not merely trying to install an app but rather you are trying to copy a file to a certain directory on your internal memory. On my N800, I run a file manager called emelfm2 after gaining root permission. The file manager that comes with the N800 cannot "see" the internal flash memory.

how to get stargus running on a mac?
or what files i need to move from my mac to n900 to run starcraft?
i have stratagus already installed...
thanks!

so let's say i have created the necessary directory and put the .deb file at home/mydocs. how to move them to root of the internal flash drive using x terminal? such mv?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Ffuuuuuuuck yeahhhhh.. This is a dream come true

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
so let's say i have created the necessary directory and put the .deb file at home/mydocs. how to move them to root of the internal flash drive using x terminal? such mv?
you can't run it from internal memory. the files MUST be in /media/mmc1/games/stratagus

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread