Notices

Hi,

I'd like to inform all the developers that the 4 arrows are not separate keys on every keyboard, on the french keyboard for example right is right, left is down, up is Fn + down and down is Fn + up; instead of the left and up key we have ";" and "é (eaigu)" respectively. I also heard that swedish keyboards also have a different layout. If you would like pictures of this, please look in this thread : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=35965

If you are developping and application that uses these keys please give us an option to remap them.

The overall layout is also different (azerty instead of qwerty), but this follows standard keyboard rules. Link to wikipedia's article on azerty

Thank you for your time!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ragarnok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
There's an easy workaround to this that i have included in Prboom and now UQM. The complete lack of interest of anybody with an affected keyboard testing them has made me wonder if the time i spent working it out was wasted. In any case, as per my plan, once those apps have been tested and verified to work as expected by a few people with the Nokia keyboard layout bug, i'll post the solution so it can be used by others.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...716#post456716

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-01-16 at 03:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
good, but there's not only french layout (even if i'm french lol) there's german and so on... (i've a german one )

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
There's an easy workaround to this that i have included in Prboom and now UQM. The complete lack of interest of anybody with an affected keyboard testing them has made me wonder if the time i spent working it out was wasted. In any case, as per my plan, once those apps have been tested and verified to work as expected by a few people with the Nokia keyboard layout bug, i'll post the solution so it can be used by others.
Can you document this somewhere, soon?

Nathan

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
As i said, after adequate testing has verified it works... only testing report i have right now besides my own is that it doesn't.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Easiest workaround imo is to develop so that games use wasd instead! On a norwegian keyboard, so no arrow up or down,

to me at least wasd does not feel quite as natural as it is not located like the directional keys. then again if there is a game that requires stylus mouselook, most people are going to need the stylus in right hand.

I haven't seen Flandry's workaround, but when in doubt, just leaving the option to remap the keys is probably a good idea

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Warning: in US layout it very natural to put symbols <|>^ to FUNC+arrow, please take that into account.

Awesome Flandry! It works - I was able to paly Uqm using my scandinavian keyboard just as it would be english keyboard. I wasn't aware that the fix has been made - maybe that's one reason there haven't been that many reports yet. The fix should be pubished and become a standard to all apps that use arrows extensively. Again, good work, very much appreciated!