Active Topics

i would like to know how to flash the eMMC?
today is my last day of trying before i send this baby to ALABAMA from TORONTO.... AHH, its going to take 1 month, so please any more ideas will be great along with telling me how to flash eMMC?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware has details on flashing both firmware and eMMC

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Unexplodable View Post
I didn't have the reboot issue. The device worked totally fine before the update.
That's what I was trying to say: The "reboot fix" maybe broke some previously good units...

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
oh boy, seems like it didn't work for you since yesterday... too bad

I unfortunately had the same problem.
Actually during the usb update there was also an error message on the PC telling me that the update didn't work and that I better do not use an USB hub to connect the mobile (I connected via a front panel usb port).

I sent the phone to Nokia .

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Silicon Valley
Ok, I never got the OTA update option, even after housecleaning as per the wiki page. Yes, I've tried apps from extra-testing and have had it enabled previously, but not before upgrading (extras-dev was also disabled).

Nokia software updater did not work on my XP 32bit PC as it could never find the phone.

Opted for flasher and followed the wiki instructions (and titi974's) exactly. The flasher process worked exactly as described with no errors or warning messages.

My N900 boots to the Nokia image, flashing 5 dots in screen center image, then two long yellow status lights, followed by a quick green status flash. That's it, it goes no further. It does however mount MyDocs to my PC and I can browse the memory card share. Also, I can restart it in USB mode to reflash it with no problem; have attempted to reload PR1.1 several times and then 2009.42.11 twice. With the 2009.42.11 image flashed, I'm still having the exact same startup issues.

Originally Posted by from maemo flasher
USB device found found at bus bus-0, device address \\.\libusb0-0001--0x0421-0x0105.
Found device RX-51, hardware revision 2101
NOLO version 1.4.13
So the phone is not bricked IMHO since I can still run flasher on it, I have a full backup of my data, and I have a spare phone to use; so no need to panic. I'm just simply wondering what to try next. Is there a way to perform a full factory reset on my phone?

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
You don't have shell / SSH access, do you?
Maybe the logs at /var/log/syslog and /var/log/softupd.log could point in the right direction.

And some reported enabling and disabling R&D mode could help. But this is definetly at your own risk Well..since you flashed it several times I think you know what you're doing
http://wiki.maemo.org/R&D_mode

Last edited by Renkon; 2010-01-19 at 01:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renkon For This Useful Post:
please anyone help im getting evry folder on my n900 filemanger 2 times like images images, videos videos and stuff !! help me :S and its consuming memory too !! i cant delete i tried to but it even deleted my master files and although i have about 200 songs and videos which shows in my file manager media player shoes no fles

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I had that happening for the folders that have translated names (Images, Video Clips, etc) but it is purely cosmetic. At some point it went away. I suspect the same thing is going on with your N900. If you really are concerned, open up xterm and type
cd MyDocs
ls -a
It should show just one .sounds, one .videos one .images folder. and nothing sounding like a duplicate.

It's not "consuming memory". It's just something cosmetic in File Manager.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Silicon Valley
Originally Posted by Renkon View Post
You don't have shell / SSH access, do you?

And some reported enabling and disabling R&D mode could help. But this is definitely at your own risk Well..since you flashed it several times I think you know what you're doing
http://wiki.maemo.org/R&D_mode
Thanks Rekon for the followup!
No shell/SSH access...

Enabling and disabling R&D mode does not help, still same issue I reported a few posts ago. It's a bit frustrating as my N900 worked great before the firmware update.
Also, another data point while R&D mode was enabled, when booting and text was overlaid onto the Nokia graphic screen, message "no initfs \o/" was displayed. I'd imagine that's not a good thing...

Is there any way to reset the N900 back to a "OEM Factory state"?

Last edited by speednut; 2010-01-19 at 19:13.