Active Topics

Hi guys. Sorry I've been gone so long. I've been doing a ton of stuff with my books (I've now got 3 of them out, and wow, it's kept me busy with all the promo stuff that goes with them) and my tablet decided to take a huge dirt nap. It's back up and running, but it's not too happy. So it's just sitting on my shelf right now as I can't trust it for long periods.

So those two items have essentially been why I went awol for a while. But I've now got more freetime and I'm interested in catching up on what all's been happening around here. So, can someone give me a cliff notes version of all the interesting things that have been happening, new stuff, etc? Thanks.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Hi guys. Sorry I've been gone so long. I've been doing a ton of stuff with my books (I've now got 3 of them out, and wow, it's kept me busy with all the promo stuff that goes with them) and my tablet decided to take a huge dirt nap. It's back up and running, but it's not too happy. So it's just sitting on my shelf right now as I can't trust it for long periods.

So those two items have essentially been why I went awol for a while. But I've now got more freetime and I'm interested in catching up on what all's been happening around here. So, can someone give me a cliff notes version of all the interesting things that have been happening, new stuff, etc? Thanks.
We have a new president here in the US. LOL

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
We have a new president here in the US. LOL
Oh is that what he is?!? With all those visits to talk shows and primetime TV I kinda started thinking he was an actor or something...

(runs from the flames)
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Theres a New phone thingy out cant remember its name of top of my head but it runs something called MYMO 5 or something lol

hehe. Oh sure, I get a bunch of comedians my first day back. *rolls eyes*

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Orlando, FL
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
hehe. Oh sure, I get a bunch of comedians my first day back. *rolls eyes*
I am not quite sure how long you've been on hiatus, but there have been two firmware updates to the N900. Most users have had a successful updates, others have had issues with new release. Part of the new firmware includes access to the Ovi store, which has been generating a bit of excitement. I am not a developer or even a power user, so I can't say much about those area's. I have had other things going on myself so I haven't been able to keep up on everything. Hopefully someone else can fill you in on more.

xobegnaro: ROFL! So why would they want to ban OrangeBox? Is that a person, or a company/group that's being a pest?

Medic7051: Wow, if that's all that's happened over the past six months, I haven't really missed much. It doesn't sound like there's been any really interesting or new announcements about much of anything from Nokia.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The webbrowser can do portrait mode and we have community implementations for MMS and dialing USSD codes (*123#, etc).