Active Topics

Notices

When I transle from Finnish to Swedish gTranslate makes it English. Swedish != English.

What's wrong?

.i donloded it,but cant isntall properly i tryid dpkg - i <gtranslate_0.4_armel.deb> but it says -sh: syntax error: newline unexpected,could someone explain how to install it properly ?! plzz

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by hteink.min View Post
1. default language.. whenever i use the program i want it to pop up my default language.. so i dont have to search all da time.. we aint moving countries everyday anyway
I would love that too.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
It is a good app , why there is no flag for Persian language ?

I hope it gets updated with the flag soon

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ U.K ,Reading
good app but sometimes it dont work says something like please input valid text?

Hello, I m the creator of Translatoid for KDE.
It would be a greate idea to create a "remember system" in your gtranslate.
I explain :
FIRST : The user translate something.. Then he can click on "remember button" which save in a file the association between sourceText and translatedText.

SECOND:
"Remember translation" can be shown inside a Desktop widget. "GtranslateRemember Widget". The text inside would be update every X second after randomisation.. If the user think he know it as well, he can press on widget and remove the translation from the database.

I suggest you to use Sqlite or Xml File..

That would be SOOOOOO Usefull to learn a language!

If you are interesting, contact me !

For any word I select gtransalte says "Please enter valid text". Can anybody tell me why is like that?

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Martinsicuro, Abruzzo, Italy
Originally Posted by diakov View Post
For any word I select gtransalte says "Please enter valid text". Can anybody tell me why is like that?
Same problem

Google probably changed the API or url.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Thread "gTranslate doesn't work" with 3 posts merged.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful