Notices

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Hy,

I have no right taking notes, but if everything goes well, we will present the first screenshots of the new version in the next few days :-D

The new version is written in C++ and GTK.

A big thx to tom_at_lp for his help.

Nice Day
Manzn

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manzn For This Useful Post:
Using MyMenu and quite satisfied with it. Everything is where I want to, if not I would email manzn and it probably would get fixed fast.
+MyMenu also promises to allow modifying by yourself (in the future), what Categorise has said a concrete NO.

I think both get the job done, so take the one you like

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I installed MyMenu, but don't see it anywhere in the menu. Any clues? And don't just post the long thread link. It doesn't have a clear guide on how to use it, and I can't even figure out how to just launch it. I really can't waste time reading a 30+ page thread to learn how to launch an app...

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
i have used mymenu for a good while. I read about a bug in catorise that made it possible for multiple shortcuts. so i removed mymenu and installed catorise. The first thing i noticed is that many apps dont get catorised at all. f.ex. the game blocks. and a bunch of other apps. have tried to uninstall and reinstall ctorise 3 times but still the same problem.

right after this post i will go back to mymenu.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
I have used catorise and I am currently using Mymenu. I must say I like Mymenu better for its icons. The colored ones seem more user-friendly.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ GERMANY
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I installed MyMenu, but don't see it anywhere in the menu. Any clues? And don't just post the long thread link. It doesn't have a clear guide on how to use it, and I can't even figure out how to just launch it. I really can't waste time reading a 30+ page thread to learn how to launch an app...
hey chris,
if it got installed correctly you should see the CHANGE in your menu if not' you could try to chosse the 'update menu' icon which should be in 'more..' in a not changed menu, which categorizes the apps in the new folders

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
I installed catorise a week ago and it's been fine. Does it slow down the n900 at all? and is there any chance it could brick my device? (even though it's fine at the moment)

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kuopio
I tried catorise, but it slowed my device down and got stuck on matrix-colored menu icons.

E: I installed mymenu. It seems to do the trick, but I liked the menu icons and animations better in catorise.

Last edited by Tesno; 2010-01-30 at 13:01.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I do hope everyone who has taken the time to post about switching apps because they encountered a problem with one of them has reported the problem to the developer. These things aren't going to fix themselves, you know.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
I installed Catorise but it doesn't work for me. I dont see a lot of programs and have doubled system icons. I dont like it