Notices

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
- When I click on the scrobble option there is no way for me to close that window.
Sorry, can't help here since I do not own a Nokia device. Could debug all issues named here if anybody is willing to buy me a device.

- The Cover art finder is SLOW...as in VERY slow - to the point that I think it freezes.
Care to elaborate? What exactly is slow? Downloading the cover art images or just searching for the cover art?

- Adding files to a playlist using 'add directory and sub-directories' creates duplicate entries of any songs already in the playlist.
What you are using seems to be normal static playlists. This behavior is by design.
Instead use the dynamic playlist feature and add your directory. Then every time you add new files to that directory, just do a rescan via the Tools menu.

Last edited by evilJazz; 2009-11-18 at 14:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pinguino89 View Post
I think it's normal,because is still a work in progress i think; when you click on the srcobble, you have to close the window 2 times to close quasar...(do not ask me why because i don't know xD xD xD); the cover art, as I said in the other topic, you better downlad it apart ant then put in .quasar/coverarts....and the fragility of the coverarts, I've noticed it...it may crash because of an intensive use of cpu (for example, I think it will be a ussue related to the lack of 3d accelleration...i suppose ò.ò xD)

I didn't noticed that, I use osso-statusbar-cpu, and the graphic doesn't seem to be too afflicted from the app...
The stuff works on all other platforms I am supporting (Zaurus, Windows, OS X). I really wish I would be able to help here...
Perhaps t_moyashi can compile another build with full debug enabled in debug.h.
That might help tracking down some of the things if I get enough reports...
Thanks again for checking out Quasar and thanks t_moyashi for providing the build.

Andre

The Following User Says Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ 驚く為五郎
Originally Posted by evilJazz View Post
The stuff works on all other platforms I am supporting (Zaurus, Windows, OS X). I really wish I would be able to help here...
Perhaps t_moyashi can compile another build with full debug enabled in debug.h.
That might help tracking down some of the things if I get enough reports...
Thanks again for checking out Quasar and thanks t_moyashi for providing the build.

Andre
Update3:
  • new package with full debug enabled . (Thanks evilJazz .)

File : quasar-dbg_0.96r172r31-maemo1_armel.deb

<quasar> included in this package outputs verbose information to stdout.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t_moyashi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I installed quasar to N900, and it works well

Installation, this thread #65

I used the version on thread #1

It installed without any complaint, used up 5 MB of the precious /rootfs

It runs and does more or less like it runs on my N8x0, almost everything works, including the HW volume buttons :-)

Problems:
1) Cannot save playlist, no onscreen keyboard and HW keyboard brings up contact list.
2) Mplayer stopped when surfing web

Hope you still putting in effort on this player, one of my favorite. Thanks, t_moyashi and evilJazz

pic enclosed

bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-01-02 at 10:07.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ 驚く為五郎
Quasar Media Player 0.96r188r31-maemo1 is now available in Extras-devel(diablo/Multimedia section).

Last edited by t_moyashi; 2010-02-17 at 08:25. Reason: typo...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to t_moyashi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
I installed quasar to N900, and it works well

Problems:
1) Cannot save playlist, no onscreen keyboard and HW keyboard brings up contact list.
2) Mplayer stopped when surfing web

Hope you still putting in effort on this player, one of my favorite. Thanks, t_moyashi and evilJazz
Thanks for the feedback on the N900.
I might have some cool news for you soon.

Andre

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Just a short update: I am in the process of porting Quasar Media Player from Qt 2/3 to Qt 4. This will add support for Maemo 5 (and earlier) and should improve the usability and offer the Maemo look and feel.
The port is a lot of work, so it might take a while to get it finished but I am hopeful. It is already working for the most part on my Mac, however not on my N900...
The Qt 4.6 version that is available for the N900 and the other internet tablets does not include the Qt3Support lib. I can understand why they do not include this support. Either way, I am taking the hard way of porting completely to Qt 4 without the compatibility and legacy support.
You may follow the current status via: http://twitter.com/#search?q=evilJazz%20Quasar

Cheers,
Andre

Last edited by evilJazz; 2010-03-22 at 17:53.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
much thanks for your effort...I too would love to be able to leave nokia's media player for a new music listening app....much thanks....

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Great work, t_moyashi!
Can you do something with search area in portrait mode? 'cause I can't reach it.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I've installed this tonight, mainly cos I'm sick of Canola crashing everywhere lately, and the built in player is functional at best, and I have to say that I like it.

Only comment would be that I think that the standard interface is a bit busy for a 4" touchscreen, and could so with a few less buttons etc.

I particulary like the coverflow - how do you toggle between full screen views of the cover-flow, playinfo, and the playlist screens. I would like to see an option to start full screen by default, and use the "full screen" button to move between the screens above. there probably is a way that I haven't found yet!!

I also like the playinfo screen - very nice.

thanks and keep up the good work

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Tags
itunes, quasar