Active Topics

how do you tab, right click, highlight items in n900 browser?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Each tab is a different window so press the menu button so you get to the active applications and there you see everything. If you want to 'right-click' press and hold on an object, and a menu will pop up. About highlighting I'm not sure.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ottawa, CANADA
Originally Posted by meme View Post
how do you tab, right click, highlight items in n900 browser?
i think the tab you mean is control-i

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Drag your stylus or finger in just outside the lower left hand corner of the bezel to the screen in the web browser. You are now in Mouse Pointer mode and will remain that way until you lift up your finger/stylus and click on something.

While in mouse pointer mode the lower left hand corner will have a mouse pointer icon, you can click this icon to lock mouse pointer mode on.

In mouse pointer mode you can the press the CTRL key on the keyboard to issue left mouse clicks. You can hold down this key while dragging the mouse pointer to highlight items and text just like in a desktop browser. You can then hit CTRL-C, CTRL-V, CTRL-X to copy, paste, and cut.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Each tab is a different window so press the menu button so you get to the active applications and there you see everything. If you want to 'right-click' press and hold on an object, and a menu will pop up. About highlighting I'm not sure.
is there copy/paste between applications?

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by meme View Post
is there copy/paste between applications?
Yes. The text clipboard is shared across the entire OS, just like on a desktop Operating System.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria

Originally Posted by tape_ape View Post
i think the tab you mean is control-i
I meant tabbing through html input fields. There is no tab button in the keyboard. How do you achieve this in the keyboard?

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ torino - italia
how hard sometimes learning is!!

tip: go to the left-bottom of the screen and drag the pointer from the left(outside the active screen) to the right(inside te active screen)
yeah!

i think he means tabbing through fields e.g. on a input form going from first name to second name field.

I would like to know this as we, logging into some sites requires a fair few fields which are interrupted by having to press the screen to jump a field