Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
install it from the .deb file. then it's runnig like a champ... see my video for a proof.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by AloxeCorton View Post
I just got it working and it looks great. Just one problem - I have a French Azerty keyboard and the CTRL + UP doesn't work since the up and down keys already require the blue function key to be used (the left and right key double up as up and down keys with the blue function key). Is there any other way to zoom?
I tried switching keyboard to English in the text input menu and that allowed me to zoom but switching really isn't very convenient.

-=AC=-
just hold down both the fn and ctrl key. But start with the ctrl key, otherwise you get sym instead of ctrl.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by shuairan View Post
Try to update and then report here if it works :-)

---

oh theres a problem with the actual version, forget to make the changes to the default configuration. if you had the previous version the config file in /home/user/.stellarium/config.ini it will work fine. for new users, i'll fix it in the next release, until that change the values in the config.ini file:
Code:
181,182c181,182
< screen_h                            = 768
< screen_w                            = 1024
---
> screen_h                            = 480
> screen_w                            = 800
app worked really badly the 1st few times I ran it (each time different UI parts were missing) then I did the above, now it works GREAT, just some of the labels text is messed up.........

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
This is a beautiful app for the N900 and I finally got it showing properly after following this thread. However, I also have the garbled font when clicking the show constellation names option, is there any way to fix this? Strangely enough it does sometimes work after a reboot, but then as soon as I move the screen it goes back to an unreadable garbled mess.......sigh. Ideas anyone???

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I tried installing some appz earlier today and they complained about:

libqt4-maemo5-test

-script

-opengl

-svg

So I had to unistll these libs and Stellarium with it. I installed Stellarium a while back, when this thread first came out.

If I reinstall, is it going to bork the appz I just installed that conflicted with these libs?

I installed SIB and SHOWTIME, Would really like to have Stellarium back!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I tried installing some appz earlier today and they complained about:

libqt4-maemo5-test

-script

-opengl

-svg

So I had to unistll these libs and Stellarium with it. I installed Stellarium a while back, when this thread first came out.

If I reinstall, is it going to bork the appz I just installed that conflicted with these libs?

I installed SIB and SHOWTIME, Would really like to have Stellarium back!
I've got all those installed, so there's definitely no problem with reinstalling Stellarium. The original problem would have been a versioning issue - the App Manager GUI isn't very good at handling these though (usually an "apt-get upgrade" as root on the command line will quite happily update them though).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
How can I enable the status and tool bar?? Can't see them...

Many thanks!!

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I've got all those installed, so there's definitely no problem with reinstalling Stellarium. The original problem would have been a versioning issue - the App Manager GUI isn't very good at handling these though (usually an "apt-get upgrade" as root on the command line will quite happily update them though).
OK, thanx, I'll reinstall it.

Hi I am new to editing in maemo or linux having used a PC. Can someone explain how to access and then edit the config file so that stellarium displays correctly on the n900 please.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ troll cave
Any news/plans for next stellarium upload? Any specific help needed?