Notices

Okay, I was going to send the log but my issue is more of sending MMS through the T-Mobile MMS USA. I've checked out the MMS wiki on the possible combinations. I've tried all but unfortunately, none of them worked for me. Any other T-Mobile USA user that was able to make fMMS work?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
congrats frals - it has been a looooong wait - but well worth it
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ planet earth i guess
suggestions for that great tool:

1 - keep the message one writes to memory - so that when one goes back within fmms interface and push new mms one is back there where one started with the now saved message
2 - show a symbol that gprs is used during mms receive/sending in connection status - next to time
3 - show error messages from mms-carrier (like "message too large")
4 - give out an error to enable one of the three send modes (havoc, ...) - otherwise it just does not work - for me at least)
5 - let one change the keyboard settings within the entry field of the own telephone number (push manually fn to get to normal). so now it is fixed to FN mode - but fn-arrow is < or > for me - i modded the keyboard settings.

otherwise great app ! tx

ps: i used leaked 1.2 and settings were set at once - previously on 1.1 it did not work - or i missed something.

Last edited by -miniME-; 2010-05-19 at 08:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to -miniME- For This Useful Post:
Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Sorry if this is a duplicate request but there are too many post to read through.

I would be good if I could type the contacts name rather than having to find the number in the address book. I know it only saves a few seconds but I do like this feature on SMS.

Also, great app man

Hi, I have installed fMMS and when asked for apn, typed the name of the apn that I was already using. The fMMS didnt ask to ovdrwrite or something, but it did. Now my conection appears but its config is empty, so I can not connect using it. I have uninstalled the fMMS and purged config files but the problem didnt get fixed. The operator_settings file still have the apn conextion setted. How should I procede??
Thanks

OK, solved by editing by hand the APNs config at "internet conections", googled the apn IP, user and pass for my operator.

Last edited by dhcmega; 2010-05-19 at 14:36. Reason: Solved

Originally Posted by xtian View Post
Any other T-Mobile USA user that was able to make fMMS work?
Check out this thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceevee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by b15cu1t View Post
Please help!!!!

Had it working but it kept staying on the MMS connection when i went to go on the web...
..so i entered the following in the x-terminal:

/opt/fmms/fmms_config.py

Now, whenever i change the settings in fMMS it changes the settings on my Vodafone GPRS connection setting instead of the Vodafone MMS one.

Each time i change them back in internet connections it changes them in fMMS.

HELP!!!!!

OK tried the following:

In x-terminal i typed:
gconftool-2 -R /apps/fmms|grep apn
It returned:
apn = 0000-0000-0000-0000
Then i entered:
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/0000-0000-0000-0000
gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/fmms

Re-booted n900

Still got problem

Un-installed app, re-installed app

Still got the problem. It keeps defaulting to the GPRS connections in the configuration instead of the mms one. How to change this???????
Send me the log, please

Originally Posted by xtian View Post
Okay, I was going to send the log but my issue is more of sending MMS through the T-Mobile MMS USA. I've checked out the MMS wiki on the possible combinations. I've tried all but unfortunately, none of them worked for me. Any other T-Mobile USA user that was able to make fMMS work?

Thanks in advance.
Try setting "Your phonenumber" to 0 and try with the settings linked in ceevee's post above.

Btw, in case anyone missed it, fMMS is now in Extras http://blog.frals.se/2010/05/19/fmms...now-in-extras/

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
I'm using Vodafone Australia, I have done the best I can with the settings provided with forums but still cannot get it working.

I would like to put Aussies to the challenge of providing step by step instructions on how to get it working please.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Btw, in case anyone missed it, fMMS is now in Extras http://blog.frals.se/2010/05/19/fmms...now-in-extras/

Yeaaaaaaah !!! Good news !
Thanks Nick !

P.S. It's still not fully support the right to left languages

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Congratulations frals, now we need fMMS to be on the front page of Maemo Select!

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python