Active Topics

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by RFS-81 View Post
Because nobody is paying for the people to do their stuff here. Nobody is their boss, and no-one can force them to do anything. They do it if they wish to do it.

The only option would be to cut "unpolished" apps out from repos completely, and I'm not sure you would want that? (I'm sure I don't).
I'm pretty sure we can all agree it's not because the app is paid or not.
Many free apps are much much better than paid ones (compare OSs if you want)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I'm pretty sure we can all agree it's not because the app is paid or not.
Many free apps are much much better than paid ones (compare OSs if you want)
The descriptions are missing because of lack of control. Control is missing because of lack of power. Money is power.

Yes, free apps can very well be better than paid ones, because control is just one aspect in the whole of software development. But that is not the issue at hand here.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Let's see this table (the values refer to my experience):
Code:
Phase       | Fun factor (0...10)
Design      | 10
Development |  8
Testing     | <6
Deployment  |  0
IMO some help in the last phase would be greatly appreciated...

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
whos claire?
and whats repositoryes?
I think he means be 'CLEAR' (as in precise).... in the 'REPOSITORIES' (this is pretty obvious)...
Ok so he's not English but it was understandable no?

I can't be claire. I don't wanna go through surgery...

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by Smooth-op View Post
I think he means be 'CLEAR' (as in precise).... in the 'REPOSITORIES' (this is pretty obvious)...
Ok so he's not English but it was understandable no?
i'm not en i'm italian.... i try to speak the en, and when u'll come here in italy try to do the same, try to speak italian... or we have to joke with your slangs? by the way... i cant complete a full list... its to large to make

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
i have no idea.
claire is the lost's series actress... repositoryes are in the Dharma stations 2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to santiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by santiago View Post
i cant complete a full list... its to large to make
Post a partial list? I mean, something to start with.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Actually I do agree with the OP to a certain extent: Some descriptions aren't really great. Like: What does "MSN protocol plug-in that uses msn-pecan" mean? Plug-in for what? What's pecan? What will my N900 do better after I installed that?

From my experience, most applications in Extras are more or less OK. -testing is worse, but then... That's what I'd expect.

What's more interesting is that this is one of the few areas where end-users, noobs, can make useful contributions: Think the description is unclear? Provide a better one. The description is in English even though your device is set to German? Provide a German translation. That's easy and non-technical. So why don't people just do it?

I did every now and then for applications I liked and wanted to support... I remember some (very few, in fact) developers asked for help with descriptions and especially translations of descriptions here on t.m.o. and got a lot of feedback when they did, so I assume users want to help. Maybe they just don't know that they can, that they're welcome to do so and how they should do it?

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ space coast
"What's more interesting is that this is one of the few areas where end-users, noobs, can make useful contributions: Think the description is unclear? Provide a better one."

If it's unclear to me as an end user should i just pull a better description out of thin air?

The Following User Says Thank You to malabar For This Useful Post: