Active Topics

Notices

Also on .81 i keep getting this error when i try to load my poi.db file: ---------------------------
Poi_Loader
---------------------------
ERrror getting DB!

SQL error near line 1: file is encrypted or is not a database

OK

Wonder if that has something to do with maemo mapper cause i get a similar encrypted error when mapper starts but it didnt appear to affect anything. Any ideas?

Jayman11

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
My appologies to anyone having the download problem. I don't know how, but the permissions on the file were all skrewed up. Fixed now.

Jayman11
What version of Maemo-Mapper are you using. The error you are getting will be displayed by mapper if you either don't have a .db file where the path setting ( settings -> poi -> Poi Database ) is pointing to or mapper can't read the db for some reason. Th reason I ask about version is that not too long ago Mapper changed from sqlite2 to sqlite3 and this would give the error you are getting as Poi_Loader uses sqlite3.

Rick

New version 0.83

http://www.rikcull.f2s.com

Fixed a program logic problem - depended too much on the formatting of gpx's from gpsbabel output.

Rick

Is there a Poi_Loader version for the nokia ?
It could be very nice to have it directly on the tablet !
(I don't use the required OS on my laptop...)

Hello all,
So I followed all the instructions, and I attempt to load my .mmp file in mapper and get the following error message "Failed to open or create database: file is encrypted or is not a database. Any help would be much appreciated.

Originally Posted by zacksmojo View Post
Hello all,
So I followed all the instructions, and I attempt to load my .mmp file in mapper and get the following error message "Failed to open or create database: file is encrypted or is not a database. Any help would be much appreciated.
Which version of Maemo Mapper are you using? I'm not positive, but I think Poi_Loader only works with Maemo Mapper v1.4.x. v1.4 started using sqlite3, whereas v1.3.x used sqlite0.

It's possible to convert the sqlite3 database (produced by Poi_Loader) to an sqlite0 database, but it's probably easier to just upgrade to Maemo Mapper v1.4.x.

If you're already using v1.4.x, then I don't know what the problem could be.

Dumb user question, perhaps.

I install POI mapper on my desktop machine (running Vista - perhaps important). I am able to create the MM.db w/o problems and then load a GPX file.

If I then press the Display/Edit button, notepad comes up and I get an error that states "The system cannot find the path specified." If I press the Import into DB button, I receive the error "Runtime error 76 - path not found" and then the application closes.

So, clearly there is some type of path problem. I am starting the application from the start menu. I've tried running in XP compatibility mode as well as running as administrator.

Any thoughts?

Okay. I figured out the problem. Loaded up POI on an XP machine and it failed there too. But, the error messages and screen prompts were more useful.

Basically, the only way I was able to make it work was to put my GPX files in the temp directory as well since no matter where I pointed to the GPX files on my machine, the path name constructed for the import poi file was in the temp directory (i.e. the program took the name that I specified but not the full path from the dialog box). So, when it came time to actually import into the db, of course, the GPX file wasn't found. Unless it was really in the temp directory.

After figuring that out, it worked on Vista and XP.

BTW, Just as a debugging note, there were two dlls during the install process that I didn't install as my machine had later versions of those dlls. This was true on Vista and on XP. I doubt this was significant, but you never know. And, I can't remember the dll names so this is probably not that helpful

Hi all
Apologies I have been out of touch for three weeks. Its always the same I've had more feedback here in the last three weeks than the rest of the thread put together.

murphy
I'm working on it.

zacksmojo
What Gnuite said. He is the expert after all

arnobarno
I don't seem to be able to duplicate your problem. The only way I could get your error ( fixed now in what will be 0.9 ) was to click on an empty field ( crap error trapping ).

Edit: Just seen your last post. Thanks for the bug report I'll fix it in before publishing 0.9.

0.9 will handle Google Earth kml. The way it should work is to extract the waypoints as poi and output the full gpx translated .kml as an mmp and extract into a gpx file all the track info for import into MM separately.

Rick

Hi, I am not sure if this was said before but can you add a Cancel option in the menu just in case, closing down the application without cancel might corrupt the file. Thank you